Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Need help..!please guide me.

by ramana » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:36 am
HI

i took my Gmat on april 12

GMAT:620 (Q46 V29)
Work exp:8 months in a IT company
GPA:3.2

I looking for adminssions in institutes such as Insead,iese,HEC Paris,Esade and Melbourne business school.

Can i apply for these institutes with the profile i have?
or do i need to give my gmat again and wait for some time?

Can you suggest me other good business schools in europe.?

Thanks

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:48 am
With your current GMAT and work experience, I would say that your chances of admission at the programs that you mention are very slim. Most programs of the caliber that you are talking about will be looking for more work experience, a better GMAT, and --depending on where you did your undergrad work-- a better GPA. The GPA is not a deal-breaker (for instance, if you went to a very tough-grading / low grade-inflation undergraduate institution or majored in something like engineering that is known for tough grading) but the other two items probably are.

Your best bet right now is almost certainly to get solid work experience with as much responsibility as you can possibly handle, maybe get some international experience, and then try to get your GMAT up in a year or two when you are closer to applying again.

Speaking very candidly, I think getting an MBA is probably two to three years off for you, especially if the recession continues and the applicant pools stay as competitive as they are right now.

In terms of other programs, you might consider: London Business School, Rotterdam School of Mgmt, IMD (though this is geared a bit more towards senior execs), and a few others. Buying a good guide to business schools would probably be a good place to start as you think about your options.

I know this may be discouraging but there is a positive side: you have several years to improve your credentials and really strengthen your candidacy: use them well!

Cheers--

Paxton
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton

Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by ramana » Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:34 am
Thanks for that Paxton.

As you said,I will wait for some more time to get a good work experience and give my Gmat again.
I am sure i can get 720+ and get into my desired business program.

Thanks Again.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:14 pm
Sounds good. Stay in touch in the mean time if I can give you any further thoughts.

Good luck--

Paxton
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton

Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html