Need advise on safe colleges

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:670

Need advise on safe colleges

by gmat670 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:10 pm
Hi,

I appeared for GMAT today. Not sure if I did my best and here is what I ended with -

Q - 49
V - 32
Overall - 670

I was expecting to do better. I want to apply for following colleges based on score I got
1. Ivey, Canada.
2. LBS, UK
3. SAID UK
4. Judge UK.
4. Kelly USA
6. Tepper, USA

I am from India and have engineering degree in Mechanical engg and have approx 8 years experience of IT consulting.

Could you suggest 1) the top most colleges where I stand fair chances to get into 2) Safe colleges.

I have 73% (they did not have CPA) from college education. Also I am thinking about retaking GMAT. Will that be a good idea ?

Thanks for your advise,
Ravi

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:32 am
Dear Ravi,

Without knowing more about your profile, it is difficult to really comment on your chances at these schools. However, since you an engineer with IT experience from India, I am a little concerned that your 670 might not be high enough for most of your schools. You will be compared against other applicants from India, most of which will have your education and experience, but a higher GMAT. If you have only taken the test once and believe you can do better, then it is worth taking again to try to hit 700. After that, it will come down to how well you present yourself in your applications and distinguish yourself from the competition.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:670

by gmat670 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:37 pm
Thanks Lisa for quick response. Let me think a little more about it but looks like I am heading towards appearing for GMAT again.