Need advice

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Need advice

by [email protected] » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:39 am
Hi

I am supposed to give my GMAT in 10 days, however, I am quite concerned about the current level of my preparation.
I have given a couple of tests from Manhattan and my scores are: 640,680,650,640

Considering that Manhattans tests are quite close, should I postpone my GMAT ?
I am looking for 700+

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by 5702700 » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:53 am
ya man

please do it... rework on your concepts. do some more practice.. try to increase your accuracy level.

see how much you are scoring in GMAT diagnostic prep. If you are scoring there 720+ consistently, book a date.

all the best..

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by metalhead » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:21 pm
Have you tried looking at the assessment reports of your Manhattan CATs? Those reports are invaluable in making you aware of your weak links. My first few Manhattan CAT scores were in the lower 600s, but then they steadily increased when I targeted the weak areas pointed out in the earlier ones. Since you have only 10 days left, I would say that if you are not feeling confident, try to push it instead of approaching it halfheartedly.

by dumbhead » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:54 pm
https://www.manhattanreview.com/

Is the above link the same manhattan cat you are referring to?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by metalhead » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:04 pm
I am referring to https://www.manhattangmat.com/. I kinda assumed assumed bsaikrishna was referring to the same, since I didn't know about Manhattan review. Glad you asked!

MBA Student
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:740

by becnil » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:29 pm
I am not sure if you have attempted any of the GMATPrep CATs. If not, please take at least one of them to see where you stand, because those tests will be the closest you can get to the real one and also, the scores you get from these tests will be the best representation of your preparedness. After you see your scores from the GMATPrep official practice CAT, decide on whether you want to postpone your Test date.

by dumbhead » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:50 pm
Thanks Metalhead.

Did you buy their products below to know where you need to practice more? Or is it something else.

Free Sample GMAT Test & The GMAT Uncovered $0.00 Add to cart
Manhattan GMAT Computer Adaptive Practice Exams - 1 Year Access $39.00 Add to cart

becnil - GMATPrep cat - Are these paper or online or mock tests at test center?

I took GMAT 4 years ago and got a 590 score. Pathetic. Part of the problem was lack of sincere preparation. I would like to attempt again and hope to give all I got.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:13 members

by Dan@VinciaPrep » Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:24 am
dumbhead wrote:Thanks Metalhead.

Did you buy their products below to know where you need to practice more? Or is it something else.

Free Sample GMAT Test & The GMAT Uncovered $0.00 Add to cart
Manhattan GMAT Computer Adaptive Practice Exams - 1 Year Access $39.00 Add to cart

becnil - GMATPrep cat - Are these paper or online or mock tests at test center?

I took GMAT 4 years ago and got a 590 score. Pathetic. Part of the problem was lack of sincere preparation. I would like to attempt again and hope to give all I got.
I agree with Becnil- the GMATPrep tests seem to be the best indicator of the actual score that students get. They also have some of the best practice problems (perhaps better than the OG). You should take both of the free GMATPrep tests at least once. You can get the free tests at MBA.com. The paper tests from MBA.com are pretty good practice as well, but they are relatively expensive ($25) so if you haven't done all of the OGs I would do that first.

Also, buy one of the Manhattan GMAT books to get access to the online tests. The books cost around $26, which is cheaper than the cost of the online tests individually. Yeah, that's right- it's cheaper to get the book and get the online tests than it is to buy just the tests online.

Cheers!
Dan
If my post helped you- let me know by pushing the thanks button ;)

I'm a private tutor in Paris, I provide online and in person consulting for the GMAT and MBA application essays.
GMAT tutor paris
Prepa GMAT