My 700( Q49, V36) \m/ :)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

My 700( Q49, V36) \m/ :)

by MaharaSingh » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:24 am
Though I have been a silent observer on BTG and never contributed much here, it has been a valuable source of information. So here I am, sharing my GMAT experience too. I had to make a new Id because my last id was not really appropriate :P...
I work full time and have a demanding job but I was determined to do well in GMAT. 700 may not be that great a score. But my job is very demanding and I wont be able to attempt it again. I was confident and was aiming around 720-730. Previous 5 practice test scores on( E-gmat grockit and MGMAT mixed)were 700, 700, 710, 730 and then 760. So I knew that i had improved. This "improvement " was hard earned and required a lot of patience.
And I must say it was made possible because of the E-Gmat + Grockit thing. Awesome. Apart from the great MGMAT tests, this was the only material I touched( OG ofcourse).To the point concepts and then great grockit questions for practice. That was all I needed. And yeah hardwork of course(infact a lot of it) !!SC accuracy was almost 100 % after going through e gmat. But the best part was their CR portion. I had always felt that the different types of CR questions require different approaches. After E-Gmat, from a portion of verbal that required pure reasoning, CR became a part that can be tackled with unique methodologies. That is where I started to have confidence because I was now very good in 2 of the 3 portions of Verbal. Quant was never much of a problem, so I kept practicing it now and then.
And then the exam day ! I was confident and completed quant without much trouble. Verbal was fine too but some RCs seemed to be very tough , so I became nervous and lost my cool �. That is where I feel I lost those 20-30 points. But sanity prevailed soon and I completed the rest of the portion. After speeding past the formalities I decided to report the scores.. in came the longest 10 seconds of my life( or 5 seconds? Whatever it was, I felt that the earth had turned 5 times around its axis in that duration :P)..and there it was..the 700..i came out of the room and was so animated that I almost crushed the proctor's hand when he congratulated me. GMAT for me--> Beaten :D

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by Shalini_gmat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:41 am
I had exactly the same score last year. Best of Luck.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by rohit_gmat » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:56 am
congrats dude !!! u got the 7 figure ;)

@ Shalini - care to share ur experiences as well?

cheers

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by adi_800 » Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:37 pm
Congrats on such a nice score...
I am waiting for the mail from Rajat with the link to your score...

I just hope that Rajat sends a mail with my name in it with the same score one day..
Yes.. e-GMAT + grockit rocks..
Btw... How about the change, which is really not a change, in the SC part of GMAT...

Did you see many questions with change of meaning from the intended meaning being employed??