Motivation.................

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Motivation.................

by Shoa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:38 am
Hey....
I am trying to study for the Gmat......have to give it by the end of Jan...................But some who I keep falling short of motivation...does anyone have any tips that worked for them................how did they get over this...............

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:740

by karanrulz4ever » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:26 am
Motivation comes from within. If you are serious abt getting into B schools, you sure wont have a motivation problem.

by Seagull84 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:56 pm
I just found out the best way to motivate yourself the hard way... I got a horrible score after taking the live test.

So, go study on and off for a year, take the test, then when your score sucks, spend the next three hours learning how to prep well. Some of the success stories are really fascinating. A few people went overkill on prep (like the first sticky in Just Beat the GMAT about jumping from 460 to 720), but I definitely learned that instead of 1-2 hours a week, I'm going to have to kill off my social life to study 2 hours every weekday, 4 hours on Saturday, and practice test every Sunday. About 2-3 months of that should do the trick.

Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:740

by humblebee » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:32 pm
I struggled with motivation too. You might consider forming a study group (I know it's short notice). Helps when other people are around you doing the same thing.

Other technique might be to break up your study. An hour here and there. I did this. When I take the tram in in the morning, I used to work on my laptop, but I switched to answering GMAT questions.
wannabe business school consultant

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by gsbjake » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:00 pm
Just imagine what your life would be like if you got into the B school of your dreams and how you'd live afterwards....

GMAT Score:730

by joannabanana » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:42 am
My motivation was how impressed all my friends would be when I told them I scored over 700 :D Yes, I'm a bit of a narcissist but it sure helped me to get a good score!

by Shoa » Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:54 pm
hey ......thanks.to all of u for the replies....I think one just has to do some thing in order to get some thing.....
I am gonna break up my studies into parts and finish them....also keep a few pics of a good schools around.....

Followed by:3 members

by crackverbal » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:10 pm
One of my favorite quotes from Charles Swindoll always peps me up when I am down:

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness, or skill. It will make or break a company ... a church ... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past. We cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable.

The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude ... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me, and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you ... we are in charge of our Attitudes.
Join Free 4 part MBA Through GMAT Video Training Series here -
https://gmat.crackverbal.com/mba-throug ... video-2018

Enroll for our GMAT Trial Course here -
https://gmatonline.crackverbal.com/

For more info on GMAT and MBA, follow us on @AskCrackVerbal