More problems

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

More problems

by Skippy13 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:41 am
Hi Can anyone shedlight on this for me?

I obtained a 3 year degree from a U.K institution. Now that im applying for a degree, im noticing that many MBA's require a 4 year degree. Does this just apply to indian/australian degrees or does it also apply to degrees obtained by UK institutions?

Thanks for any information that anyone can provide.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:740

by HelenF » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:41 am
4 years is the standard for degrees in the US, which is why a lot of business schools refer to a 4-year degree. By and large they accept a UK 3-year one as being equivalent, but it's worth checking with the individual institutions you intend to apply to. Check out their Admissions FAQ section and information for international applicants, where this question is commonly dealt with. If you can't find the answer on-line, then a an email enquiry to the admissions office should clarify their policy.

Best

Helen
Helen Foster | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant | www.VeritasPrep.com

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:18 am
A quick thought (as a former grad student in Barcelona): my guess is that you did what is called, on the mainland, the "first cycle." Check with some of the Spanish business (like ESADE) and see how they handle first and second cycle degrees in terms of "what you need to clear the bar."

If you have problems w/ the US, it would be good to have some European back-ups identified.

Good Luck--

Paxton
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton

Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html