MGMAT?

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

MGMAT?

by ildude02 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:32 pm
I have been reading in lot of posts that people mention they took MGMAT tests, I'm not sure what is this course/book they are refering to. Any insight on this is appreciated and is it a good book/tests to take before you want to attempt the real gmat exam. I'm currently concenterating only on OG11th edition, Kaplan 800 and Kaplan gmat. Your thougts and information related to MGMAT are appreciated.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by nislam » Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:53 am
The MGMAT tests people are referring to are the full length CAT's offered online only. I believe one is free and for additional must be purchased (total 6 CAT's).

I've have found these CAT's to be more difficult especially in Quant. But the major benefit over all the others PR, Kaplan etc is that the MGMAT CAT's helps identify your weaknesses. The results of the CAT shows which level of questions your getting correct (e.g. avg correct SC 610 and avg incorrect SC 630). They are also closer to the actual compared to others (Kaplan, PR). I've frankly given all and found MGMAT the most useful.

I know where to focus. I'm giving my 3rd MGMAT CAT today.

P.S. I've also purchased Kaplan Q bank but find MGMAT much more useful.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:11 pm
MGMAT = ManhattanGMAT. You can find out more info on our website www.manhattangmat.com

Yes, the tests give extensive analysis of your performance. Don't forget that, in addition to looking at the difficulty levels of the questions, you also need to look at your timing! If you're getting a majority of hard geometry questions right but you're spending 4 min per problem on average, then you still have a problem! :)
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by lalabee » Tue Feb 05, 2008 11:19 pm
i'm doing the MGMAT question - the free one online .. i'm jst wondering if it's the same difficult level as the purchased one .. any knows?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Thu Feb 07, 2008 1:21 pm
There's no real difference - same algorithm, same software, same visuals, the only (minor) difference is that we don't let free testers have access to the entire database of test questions. That's all!
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by sampleresume » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:10 pm
Yes, MGMAT is for ManhattanGMAT. That is what I come to know when I go through several posts in this forum.