B-Schooled Podcast Episode #134: Ten Things I Wish I’d Known About Recommendations When Applying (Part 2)
In the last episode of B-Schooled, host Chandler Arnold shared five things he wished he’d known about recommendations when applying to business school. He emphasized things such as how to help your recommender think about the skills grid rankings, as well as how to prep your recommender for several frequently asked questions.
These FAQs included:
- Describe the applicant’s key strengths and how she or he compares to others you have supervised
- Describe the biggest piece of constructive feedback you have given the applicant
- Are there any areas of development you imagine the candidate might focus on during business school
- Is there anything else you would like to tell us about the applicant (and why your recommender should not ignore this question).
This week, Chandler will share five additional critical recommendation tips, including:
- How to pick your recommenders
- How to create prep materials for your recommender
- How to make these recommendations part of your holistic application narrative
- What to do if your recommender asks you to write the recommendation yourself
- Recommendation timeline planning
Check out this B-Schooled episode right here, or take a listen on any of the major podcast platforms below.
B-Schooled is available on most major podcast apps, including:
Please be sure to subscribe to B-Schooled so that you don’t miss a thing. Also, if there’s something you’d like for us to cover in a future episode, please email [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you!
Are you following us on all the socials? Stacy Blackman Consulting is now on TikTok! Hit us up @stacyblackmanconsulting to hear expert MBA admissions advice direct from Stacy and the team.