MBA Schools with a 690 - 40 Math 44 Verbal

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA Schools with a 690 - 40 Math 44 Verbal

by knguyenchs » Wed May 11, 2011 12:10 pm
I'm debating whether to retake the GMAT. I live in Cameroon and the first time I took the test, I could tell that I was on my way to a really great score in Math. Unfortunately, when I started the Verbal the electricity went out.

Today, I was able to finish the GMAT with a 690 total score - 40 Math and 44 Verbal. I'm looking at applying to MIT and Harvard (possibly a joint MPA program) with the following qualifications:

Work Experience:
-2 years of Peace Corps experience as a Small Business Advisor doing international microfinance
-.5 year working at a nonprofit focusing on domestic microfinance
-.5 year working at an economic development nonprofit doing taxes for low-income residents

Undergrad:
-3.3 GPA in International Business and Finance at top 25 university, top 10 undergraduate business school.
-Semester abroad at HEC Paris
-Lots of extracurriculars/leadership
-During junior year, I worked three jobs (two professional internships) on top of being a full-time student

Recommendations:
Good. Could get a recommendation from a Harvard MBA alumni who is now an Assistant Professor

Diversity:
Asian female

I could retake the GMAT again as I was usually scoring in 700-740 range for practice tests and this was just a really bad day for testing in the math section. Should I retake test again or just leave it? What would be my chances to Harvard or MIT if I leave it as is?