MBA R2 applications - mid round or end of round?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:650

MBA R2 applications - mid round or end of round?

by jsl » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:17 am
Given that round 2 deadlines extend from now until (roughly) the end of the year, please can someone tell me whether it is advisable to submit an application earlier in the round 2 pool?

I understand that I should only submit my application when it is at its best. However, is there any significant difference between submitting the application now and submitting it at the end of the round 2 deadline? I am applying to Yale and Stanford, both of which I think evaluate applications in the order they are received.

Are interview invitations sent out on first come, first served basis or are decisions made and then a raft of invitations sent out (like HBS did earlier this year)?

JSL

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:39 pm
Dear JSL,

I think it is always best to submit when you feel the application is ready and if it is prior to the deadline that is best. You want to enter the queue earlier and not get lost in the large volume that comes in on the actual deadline. Most schools issue invitations on an ongoing basis as opposed to the mass sent out on one day, but there are variances by school on this.

Good luck,
LIsa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me