MBA IN US WITH no work experience

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by parthshah91 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:06 am
Hey ! I am currently studying Electronics Engineering at Univ of Mumbai . I would like to know whether top B-Schools in US require compulsary work-ex or just having a good score in GMAT would be enough . Also if I pursue MS and then go for MBA then do I require work-ex ?
Also what is a decent score in GMAT that one should aim to get admission into a top B-school ?

by amitamitsharma » Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:33 pm
Any buddy can advice me ,
My name is Amit ,i have completed my B.Tec from a recognized university ,i have a GMAT score of 726 ,But i have completed my B.Tec this year only ,and i am thinking to apply to apply for any MBA college in USA with in 50+ ,My question is i have a work experience of 3 year but ,i have done my job with my graduation ,my job was a night shift job ,it was a US base company ,my job was after college hours ,it was a full 8 hours job ,Do B school of USA will consider my job as a work experience ?
Do i have any chance to get in good B school (within 50 ranked school) i have a percentage of 82 in my B.Tec
Plz can any one advice me?

by Sahil Puri » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:48 am
Hi,
I will be an engineering graduate by 2014 with a GPA of 8/10.
I have 4 internships as my experience at renowned companies(and a university) along with 4 IT projects.
I was also the convener of a computer science organization and have had my own designing startup and technical blog in college.
I hope to get a 700+ in GMAT.
Can I get into the Top 30 Universities for MBA without more work experience?

by vamos101 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:02 am
hi guys ,
i am presently in my final year b-tech with 75% aggregate and interested in doing mba from a reputed b school abroad. we came out with and idea (clean tech)which is patent pending and developing a MVP(minimum viable product) for our idea. we applied for various start up incubators across the world and awaiting a response from them. won a few entrepreneur competitions and were finalist in many, and finalist in the LES(licensing executive competion)event and sponsored for a trip to NEW YORK to present our idea there. if i give a good attempt in GMAT , can i get admission in top universities without work experience or setting up our own venture would suffice ?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Aarti.Sal » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:18 am
Hello,

I would like my profile to be evaluated. I want to know my chances of getting into a good Bschool. I am currently aiming for Wharton, Stern, McCombs, Kelley. I am yet to take the GMAT and I will be taking it by September.I expect my score around 720-750. I am an engineer by qualification and currently working. The following is my profile. I would like to know which are the Bschools I could target for MBA in Finance.
Education:
10th Std: 87
12th Std: 84
Engineering: 66% in overall of 4 years with 72% in the last year. I am a computer enginner. My degree certificate reads it as a distinction. I have done my engineering from the top engineering college in Mumbai.
Extra Curricular: I have organised many events in college which went on to become a major hit and was continued next year also for the fest. Also I was the PR head of the college committee. Attended various workshops. I have written 2-3 research paper and one of them was selected in the IEEE international conference. I had presented this paper.I am also a part of a NGO where I help them with digital media marketing.
Work Experience: I have completed two years in a top investment bank and I plan to apply for the next fall which would make it three when I go to pursue my mba. (I started working in 2012 and will be applying for fall 2015). I hold the designation of a Technology Analyst. I will also be completion in masters degree that is offered by my company.
CFA: I am a CFA level two candidate.

Awaiting your reply

Thanks a ton!

by anshulmangal » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:02 am
hi mam i am a law graduate 5 yrs course no work experience if i take up MBA from us or Europe or canada will i get a good job or will it be a waste of money which foreign destination among the above 3 nations would be more suitable for my profile

by AmbrishAggarwal » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:40 am
Hello Everyone,

I'm currently pursuing my B.Com. Hons. from Indraprastha University in India which has a national accreditation of 'A'. My average college percentage is 75%. I'm aiming for a GMAT score of 725+. I wanted to know whether working in my family business is considered as work experience after my graduation or not. And please do tell me what are my chances of being selected in the top 50 B-Schools of USA.