MBA cost dependence on electives

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:710

MBA cost dependence on electives

by goddy » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:35 am
Hi,

I am not aware if all programs worldwide have a fixed MBA cost or variable cost structure. What I want to understand is that is it possible to reduce the program cost by taking less number of electives? If yes, then which US programs offer this flexibility?

Thanks

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
GMAT Score:740

by karanrulz4ever » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:30 am
As far as my information goes, the fees are different for different schools.

There are a fixed number of electives you need to go for. So cost saving in that regard is not possible.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rakkhi » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:39 am
goddy wrote:Hi,

I am not aware if all programs worldwide have a fixed MBA cost or variable cost structure. What I want to understand is that is it possible to reduce the program cost by taking less number of electives? If yes, then which US programs offer this flexibility?

Thanks
I think it's not applicable in real.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by Michael@VeritasPrep » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:24 pm
You typically won't be able to pay less by taking fewer electives. MBA programs, just like undergraduate programs have a minimum number of credits required to graduate. So regardless you'll have to pay for those courses. However, it is typically a flat rate that covers all of those credits. Business school is expensive, but will be worth it.