Manhattan GMAT live course

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Manhattan GMAT live course

by Tim7332 » Thu May 03, 2007 11:15 am
I have been casually studying for the GMAT using the official guide to the GMAT book and nothing else.

I recently took the practice test that gmat.com offers and got a score of 670.

40 on quant (16 incorrect)
41 on verbal (10 incorrect)

Do you think your program will get me over a 720 if I utilize it properly and do the recommended study and practice?

What should I supplement with the manhattan course to maximize my chances of a 720+ score?

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Tue May 08, 2007 12:27 pm
I can't guarantee anything of course - it's different for every person. Out students' median score on the official test (post taking the course with us), is between a 700 and a 710. I don't know companywide how students score on pre-course practice tests, but speaking anecdotally about my own courses, most students start the course between about 550 and 650.

So I'd say you're in a good position - but again no guarantees. A 720 is, by definition, really hard to get!

(Also, FYI - you listed the number incorrect, but that's not actually very important to your score. The much more important factor is the difficulty level of the questions that you answer. Don't expect the # incorrect to change all that much, even as your score goes up.)
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me