LSAT RC Passages

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

LSAT RC Passages

by piyushdabomb » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:20 pm
Hey,

Which LSAT book provides numerous LSAT passages/books (and if need be, things to look for) so I can practice the LSAT RC? I've heard good things on practicing LSAT RC passages.

Do they have a RC specific book I can work with?
-------------------
Sincerely,

Piyush A.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by student22 » Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:11 pm
I heard good things about the PowerScore LSAT RC Bible.

https://www.amazon.com/PowerScore-LSAT-R ... 0980178223

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:7 members

by grockit_andrea » Sun Mar 28, 2010 8:05 am
I would look for an book of official tests, released by the LSAC. Some prep guides make up their own questions, because they don't want to pay the licensing fee to use actual ones from the tests. While that's unfortunately a necessity for GMAT questions, because there are so few actual ones released, the LSAC releases the majority of their tests, so there's no reason not to get the real thing. Each test will have 4 RC passages and question sets. I think it's worth getting the whole exam, because many of the logical reasoning questions on the LSAT are good preparation for GMAT CR. Really, in any given LSAT exam, over 75% of the questions could potentially be good learning tools for the GMAT. There will always be some that just aren't consistent with GMAT style and content, but the only section of the test that's entirely useless to you is the logic games, and those are less than 25% of the questions on the more recent tests. Here's a link to some official released tests on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... al&x=0&y=0
Andrea A.
Grockit Tutor
https://www.grockit.com

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmatmachoman » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:32 am
grockit_andrea wrote:I would look for an book of official tests, released by the LSAC. Some prep guides make up their own questions, because they don't want to pay the licensing fee to use actual ones from the tests. While that's unfortunately a necessity for GMAT questions, because there are so few actual ones released, the LSAC releases the majority of their tests, so there's no reason not to get the real thing. Each test will have 4 RC passages and question sets. I think it's worth getting the whole exam, because many of the logical reasoning questions on the LSAT are good preparation for GMAT CR. Really, in any given LSAT exam, over 75% of the questions could potentially be good learning tools for the GMAT. There will always be some that just aren't consistent with GMAT style and content, but the only section of the test that's entirely useless to you is the logic games, and those are less than 25% of the questions on the more recent tests. Here's a link to some official released tests on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... al&x=0&y=0
Many Thx Andrea!

I could parallel your advice with TestLuv .He said the same thing about LSAT usage for GMAT! And I religiously followed his words & I could see the positive results!

If would appreciate if u can spend a minute more of How to use LSAT RC passages for GMAT RC??

I even bought the Kaplan way of answering the official LSAT series.So both go hand in hand for the 45 papers released.

But , I would be happier & informative if I could hear from you of How efficiently one should use LSAT official sets for RC in the capacity of GMAT"?

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by FC » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:12 pm
piyushdabomb wrote:Hey,

Which LSAT book provides numerous LSAT passages/books (and if need be, things to look for) so I can practice the LSAT RC? I've heard good things on practicing LSAT RC passages.

Do they have a RC specific book I can work with?
This material is floating on the Internet. Try "LSAT" on the eMule, Torrrent or esnips, there is a ZIP file with both the original tests and the Kaplan explantions to them.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by cccmom » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:50 pm
LSAT SuperPrep is best! It has a section in the front which technically explains how to attack RC, as well as real passages.