LSAT material for GMAT - good idea?

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

LSAT material for GMAT - good idea?

by clar » Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:39 pm
Hi!

I am pretty much done with all the suggested GMAT material namely - kaplan, princeton, manhattan and OGs. Therefore i am looking for some fresh material to track my progress. Do you guys think that the LSAT material for CR and RC would be a good bet? I ask this because just a while ago i took one of the lsat RC sets and my accuracy in it was a dismal 44% :(.

Please pour in your insights and suggestions on my query!!

Thanks!

GMAT Score:780

by Spaceman Spiff » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:21 pm
I just started studying for the LSAT and so far I must say it seems to be harder than GMAT in CR. The logic obviously doesn't change but more curves are thrown at you in questions and the sometimes the reasoning is harder to follow.

Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:750

by Z_I » Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:49 am
I did a around 6-8 LSAT Tests after i finished OG 11.

The questions are definitely tougher but they give you excellent practice. If you reach an accuracy of 80% also, considering the time limit that you have to adhere to, then you should do much better in GMAT tests.

If you can find the explanations to the LSAT tests then these questions would benefit you even more.

All the best and don't lose your confidence doing these questions.
Keep taking periodic CATs..MGMATs or better still GMATPrep's to gauge your progress!

by clar » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:16 pm
I managed to raise my hit rate to around 65% after employing a few changes in my strategy. But the average time I am spending per question is 2 min 30 secs. These figures disappoint me as i want to reach a hit rate of atleast 80% with the avg time per question being 1 min 45 sec.

Can you guys discuss your startegies to tackle such material. Also, Spaceman Spiff and Z_I i would like to know your hit rates in the LSAT RCs as well as the GMAT ones. It help me draw a conclusion for my situation.

thanks!