Low score . . .

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Low score . . .

by Stevenkgr » Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:53 pm
Dear all,

I ve been watching the forum from the past August regularly. . .and this is very helpfull to do so. . . . I am not very keen on writing things as I am not so capable of doing it. . .The thing is that I am very dissapointed . . .Since last September I ve been regularly studying all the time... 3-4 hours per day.

the material done are the usual ones . .OG 10 & 12 / MGMAT / PSCORE CR / Beathegmat questions. . .but to the mgmat cat scores i am pretty lowww.... from 580 - 590. . . I am truly disapointed and frustrated and I donot know what to do .. .the gmat prep are following the same pattern 610 & 600 . . .I dont know what else to do as I have studied trully tough, having abandomed my personal life for a long. . .Please post me any idea that you may have . .Anything that may seem somehow usefull,

Thank you all. . .

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:10 am
Have you tried an instructor-led prep course? These seem to be very helpful especially for those who feel they have exhausted their own efforts. I am biased of course, but can highly recommend the Veritas Prep course.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:365 members

by VivianKerr » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:46 am
Hey Steven,

A back-to-basics approach may work for you. Rethink how you are using your scratch paper and what your strategy is for each question type. If you are still scoring about 600, your grasp of the content is probably not in the 90% range yet where it really need to be, and you may not have solid strategies that you are using for EACH question type EVERY time.

I suggest more content review for SC and Quant, and a strategy overhaul for CR and RC.

A prep course may help you as well, but I suggest you attempt to diagnose the issue first and attempt to remedy it solo instead of "throwing money at the problem" which we are so often inclined to do. :)
Vivian Kerr
GMAT Rockstar, Tutor
https://www.GMATrockstar.com
https://www.yelp.com/biz/gmat-rockstar-los-angeles

Former Kaplan and Grockit instructor, freelance GMAT content creator, now offering affordable, effective, Skype-tutoring for the GMAT at $150/hr. Contact: [email protected]

Thank you for all the "thanks" and "follows"! :-)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Stevenkgr » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:23 am
Thank you very much . .both . . I am thinking for the help of an instructor ( in the Net or here in Greece), as soon as I 'll do what Vivian suggested . . Try to maintain a solid strategy for each question type. . It will take a while but I think it worths the thing before enrolling to a programm.

Thank you very very very much . . .