Looking out for an Admission Consultant desperately!

Launched August 9, 2011
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Guys, can you please take a minute out of your busy schedule and assess my profile regarding my target schools?

GMAT: 690 (Q49, V34, IR5, AWA awaited)
Education: Xth (2001): 81%
XIIth (2003): 76%
B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering) (Nagpur University) (2003-2007): 69%
MBA (London School of Commerce) (2009-05/2010): Merit (Overall) Distinction (Distinction)

Work Experience:
1) Mar 2008 - Jan 2009 (Jindal Steels, Karnataka, India)
"¢ Worked in the role of Graduate Engineering Trainee
"¢ Have worked in green field project of Coke Oven in Project Management
"¢ Managing a team of 50-60 technicians at a time in order to run the shift.
"¢ Detailed daily reporting of job progress to General Manager (Projects).
"¢ Ensure proper implementation of time target set for particular jobs.
"¢ Ordering the equipments with detailed technical specification

2) Aug 2010 - May 2012 (Nowtel Communications, London)
"¢ Worked in the role of Senior Sales Executive
"¢ Rather than an promotion in the company, I was offered increase in job role, where initially I was incharge of west region of London, but later on was handling Central London as well.
"¢ Leveraged strengths in persuasive communications & business intelligence to attain highest customer satisfaction rates.
"¢ Managing strategic accounts and relationships with customers, Companies point of contact
"¢ Liaisoning with internal teams, across departments to enable efficient and timely client setups and integrations
"¢ Driving internal sales processes including implementing marketing initiatives, promotion to boost sales numbers.
"¢ Delivering presentations and pitches to introduce and sell services to existing & Potential clients
"¢ Negotiating and closing deals to establish long term business relationship.

3) June 2012 - Dec 2012 (Decimal Factor, London)
"¢ Worked in the role of Business Development Manager
"¢ Establishing a retail chain in the market for the company's new product, Cash on Mobile.
"¢ Expanding the business for the existing credit card/debit card terminals provided by company in tie up with ELAVON.
"¢ Increasing the revenues generated by Cash on Mobile.
"¢ Maintaining strategic accounts with wholesalers, distributors, and retailers for the company.
"¢ Managing a team of 4 people and meet the targets set up by the company cumulatively.

4) Apr 2013 - May 2014 (Copal Partners (A Moody's subsidiary), Gurgaon, India)
"¢ Worked in the role of Associate for 6 months, then promoted to Senior Associate
"¢ Working on DCF valuation, writing research reports covering financial statement analysis, evaluation of financial ratios, peer analysis and industry analysis
"¢ Working on the financial valuation for financial services sector that involves aggregating data of various companies calculating different ratios, updating related charts etc
"¢ Use of databases, like, Bloomberg, Fact-set, Factiva, Thomson, Merger market

5) May 2014 - Present (EastSon's Pvt Ltd, New Delhi)
"¢ Working in the role of Director (Self started Venture)
"¢ Eastsons is a web design & development company with currently a team of 3 sales staff and 5 web designers & developers
"¢ Initial months were lost in establishing the company and other regulatory things.
"¢ Responsible for client retention, ensuring the project is completed within the committed time frame and error free.
"¢ Until now has a client retention rate of +90.0%

Extra-Curricular Activities:
"¢ Represented college in Basketball in Annual Sports Meet for 3 consecutive years (2005-07)
"¢ Tae-Kwon-Do gold medallist in 2001
"¢ Worked around 50+ hours last year voluntarily for promoting education amongst the slum children and teaching as well alongside
"¢ Also, part of a cleanliness group in the city that conducts spot fixes around the city (Picking a spot and cleaning it along with the group)

Languages Known: English, Hindi, Marathi (Spoken), Punjabi (Spoken), Urdu (Spoken)

Notes: My work profile has been quite dynamic and I have strolled from working in a steel company to telecom firm to an investment bank and eventually ending up as an entrepreneur. I would love to work now as a consultant for 3-4 years before venturing again in an entrepreneurial stint. The company that I have opened along with a partner would still be functioning and I would still be very much a part of it.
I believe I need a second MBA to hone my business skills, and to be a part of a global school that has an international standing and an effective alumni base.
Top Schools that I am aiming for: #1 London Business School
#2 Judge Business School
#3 Carnegie Mellon
#4 Rice University
Of course my first preference would be UK, but I am open to suggestions.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Elite Legendary Member
Followed by:332 members

by Jon@Admissionado » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:26 am
Hello there good sir,

So first of all you have a lot of interesting stuff in your profile. A good amount of leadership, and jobs in a variety of industries, and what seems to be good "business" experience within your professional career.

I think your vast diversity which is your greatest advantage, can also be your biggest pitfall, if you aren't careful. I see lots of change in your profile, and three stints that last a year or less - and I'm not (yet) sure what this all adds up to - why you made the choices you made (why, for example return to India? or change industries so much?) I don't yet have a clear vision of your goals and it will be really important for you to establish that in your essays.

Also your current venture - sounds like it could be interesting, but I also want to know that it is 1. CONCRETE and 2. GROWING if I am to take it seriously. I am sure it is :) but you still gotta PROVE it to the Adcom.

Right now the best thing going for you is that your profile is interesting. Which is SUPER important for these schools, esp. as an Indian candidate.

Your GMAT is a tad low for the schools you are applying to. It's not the only or most important thing schools look at, and in many ways being "interesting" is more important. But still, when they have dozens and dozens of Indian candidates with far higher GMATs, they may be tempted to look elsewhere.

Sooo, you may consider expanding that school list a wee bit.

I hope this helps,
All the best,
JF
"Hands down the best MBA admissions consulting firm of all-time, and boy, what an incredible founder!" -- Raj Patil, Founder of Admissionado

Something for everyone:
https://admissionado.lpages.co/admissio ... nter-2018/
https://admissionado.lpages.co/50-essay ... ked-vol-4/
https://admissionado.lpages.co/case-studies-lp/
https://admissionado.com/mba/reviews/
https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Admis ... 700945.htm

Reach out, and let's gab. Our only requirement is that you don't prefer warm milk over cold milk. Everyone else, 100% welcome.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 866-409-4753
Hit us up on WhatsApp.
Ping our satellite: 0884#&@-2#101101
Contact us via web form you lazy git: https://admissionado.com/contact/
Mostly, email Claudia.