Letters of Recommendation

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Letters of Recommendation

by davidnsd » Thu Oct 12, 2006 11:12 pm
Stacy:

I am a MBA student and am applying for Doctoral programs in Finance. I am having a hard time getting letters of recommendation from professors. Two of the professors who like me the most are great professors but are not native English speakers and it will be very difficult for them to write a grammatically correct letter of recommendation.

I emailed them with requests for letters of recommendation, and they failed to reply. I don’t see any reason on earth as to why they would not write a letter other than because of their poor writing skills. One of my good friends at school, who is also a fellow at the school, suggested that I ask the professor if I could write the letter for her. I replied that a better idea would be for me to provide her with the services of a professional editor. Are any of these ideas good ideas, and if so how should I go about introducing such a offer to the professors?

I would greatly appreciate any advice you could offer!

-David

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:55 pm
You should have them write the letters in their native language and then have them professionally translated.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me