Kindly suggest B school from US & Europe

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Kindly suggest B school from US & Europe

by mgmt_gmat » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:42 pm
Hi Team,

I have very low GMAT score 600. Particularly, I have weak area in verbal. My verbal score is 21 and Math score is 49 and AWA is 5.0. I have a huge gap between my verbal score and math score, also verbal score is very poor. Will any b school disqualify me for this reason? If I get more than 90 in TOEFL, that chance will be mitigated? I don't have enough time to retake the GMAT. I have shortlisted few b schools for MS finance or MBA program. My shortlisted b schools are;

MBA: 1. Hofstra university

2. University of alabama

3. University of kansas

4. Suffolk university

5. university of arkansas

6. Depaul university

7. Loyala university of chicago.

MS finance program;

1. Villanova university

2. Claremont university

3. Louisiana state university

4. brandeis university

5. american university

6. pepperdine university

7. bentley university.

Though these universities are in my GMAT range, will i lag behind for my poor score in GMAT verbal?

If a person gets 550, then he may stand ahead of me because of balanced GMAT score?

These questions are not cleared to me.

I have done my graduation in engineering from 5 star national university in india and masters in engineering from IIT. I have strong mathematical background on calculus, PDE's etc and also in programming in my academic area. I have strong client handling skills in my organization. I have strong motivation only to Finance part of the MBA program. Currently i have 4 year exp.

Extra curricular : Decent, nothing special.

Please suggest, which program suits best for me. Kindly suggest some b school also.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:3 members

by crackverbal » Wed Aug 18, 2010 4:38 am
Frankly speaking most of the schools you have selected are pretty low on rankings. So I don't think getting an admission should be a worry. What should worry you more is - what you will get out of the MBA and what you will do after that? I think given your background (masters from IIT) you should think before taking the step.

GMAT is not a break or break in most of the places you have listed. Definitely not a 600 score. However your Verbal is poor and you should perhaps try to showcase some other ways in which it can be competed. Samples of your writing skills, and/or examples of your presentation/spoken skills would definitely help.

However, I would suggest you think hard about why you want to do an MBA in the first place. Something I wrote about in a blog entry recently:
https://www.crackverbal.com/betalaunch/blog/?p=13

HTH,

Arun
Join Free 4 part MBA Through GMAT Video Training Series here -
https://gmat.crackverbal.com/mba-throug ... video-2018

Enroll for our GMAT Trial Course here -
https://gmatonline.crackverbal.com/

For more info on GMAT and MBA, follow us on @AskCrackVerbal