Keep Reviewing?

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Keep Reviewing?

by sosogmat » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:27 pm
Hi Brent,
I want to say that this GMAT study guide is awesome. I do wonder after completing Day 5 today, I feel I should review all the questions I got wrong and do them again until I get them right before I move onto Day 6. I worry that I'll move on to other types of problems and forget how to solve some of the ones I did today. Your thoughts on this please.

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:59 pm
Everyone is different. If you feel you need that level of mastery before moving on, then perhaps you should do that.
I happen to believe wholeheartedly in a certain degree of "mental marinating," where you introduce something new to your mind, and then give your subconscience time to figure things out.

So, I prefer to look at a topic then re-examine it several times later on.

The study guide is set up to introduce you to every GMAT concept in the first 6 weeks so that you can devote the last 2 weeks to working on any weaknesses. So, you can always work on Day 5 concepts then.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Brent

sosogmat wrote:Hi Brent,
I want to say that this GMAT study guide is awesome. I do wonder after completing Day 5 today, I feel I should review all the questions I got wrong and do them again until I get them right before I move onto Day 6. I worry that I'll move on to other types of problems and forget how to solve some of the ones I did today. Your thoughts on this please.
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by sosogmat » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:58 pm
Thanks for the advice...I will try the mental marinating technique!