kaplan versus knewton

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

kaplan versus knewton

by alfredomurga » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:58 pm
I need information to decide which of these two courses is better? I want to take one of this two courses. Any recomendation?

thank u

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1 members

by josh@knewton » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:26 am
Knewton is better, of course!

No, but seriously, we give students:

-The best teachers.
-5 CATs designed by the original designers of the real GMAT algorithm
-36 hours of class time.
-Adaptive technology that tells you exactly what you need to work on.
-50pt Money-Back Guarantee.

All for only $690.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Josh Anish
Senior Editor, Knewton
https://www.knewton.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by alfredomurga » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:53 am
Great. I travel a lot because of the type of work that I do. What happen if a miss a class? Is there any replacement? Can I take more than one time the entire course?
Thank u

GMAT Instructor

by josh@knewton » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:14 am
Yep. You can watch any of the classes on demand any time you like. And you can watch classes as often as you like.
Josh Anish
Senior Editor, Knewton

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by sch » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:47 pm
Yeah Josh, why dont you tell him how rumors circulate around this forum that Knewton prep refuses to answer and explain actual GMAT questions from OG...lol!

GMAT Instructor

by josh@knewton » Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:51 pm
Thanks for the note.

Sorry not totally sure what you're hinting at. I'd be happy to help, just not sure what you're saying.

Best,
Josh
Josh Anish
Senior Editor, Knewton

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Thu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 pm
Hi alfredo,

Mind if I chime in?

I, naturally, vote Kaplan (I wouldn't work here if I didn't believe it!). And here's why:

-9 CATs, fully adaptive.
-Smart Reports, breaking down your performance on those CATs by content area and dynamically suggesting additional workshops and practice
-Kaplan teachers, trained through a program so selective only 1 out of 6 are accepted
-The Higher Score Guarantee, which has three components: Readiness, Satisfaction, and Money-Back. The first part is especially valuable; unlike guarantees from most other test-prep companies, Kaplan's HSG benefits you even if you decide to delay taking the actual GMAT. There is no need to mar your record with a poor score just to have a chance to try again!
-Kaplan centers across the US, allowing you to make up missed sessions anywhere and anytime
-Lessons On Demand, videos of expert Kaplan teachers covering all of our course material--available both as make-up lessons and as review.

Finally, I'm also a little puzzled, since I've never heard rumors about refusing to answer OG questions (Josh, does Knewton have a question-source policy for online posts like MGMAT does? Could alfredo be referring to that?) but I CAN tell you that the Kaplan course includes a copy of the OG12, and the official guide questions are built into the lesson so you know throughout that Kaplan strategies work on real GMAT problems.
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by sch » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:57 am
There you go Josh: https://www.beatthegmat.com/say-no-to-kn ... tml#263107 Im not saying any allegations are true; I never had to deal with Knewton prep.. but rumors are circulating...