Just took Gmat

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Just took Gmat

by prashanth90 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:21 pm
Hi,
I just took GMAT 660 (Q50, V31).
My background : 3 years Software development work experience in Cisco R&D India.
Undergrad: National Institute of Technology Surathkal (Top 10 Tech schools in India)
CG: 7.6/10 (don't know how to convert into 4.0, think conversion is around 3.2-3.4 not sure)

Started my own venture in college and ran it for a year. A Small Internet collaborative magazine
Interned at a Internet startup in managerial and marketing roles for 2 years(worked part time) during college (does it count?)

Extra curricular:
In charge of CSR activities in our company.Speaking to NGOs and making all employees to participate in the activities.
I maintain a Stock picks on fundamental analysis in a website.

What top schools I can apply with this score. Is it possible to get universities like UVa, cornell, kellog or atleast NUS or 2 tier like Kelly or Mays ?
I don't think I will be able to take GMAT again.I will be busy with work next two months

Please evaluate my profile and make suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by ErinaApphelp » Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:05 am
Hi Prashanth,

You have an avg. CGPA and GMAT scores. TO be able to convert your chances from application to admission you need to submit strong application essays and work hard on interviews. Leadership qualities/skills, achievements in or outside work place and other aptitudes will be crucial while writing application essays. If you are able to position well on above pointers then you would stand a chance in b-school(s). With the given information, you may target schools like: Indiana-Kelley, Ohio-Fisher, McDonough, Arizona-Carey, Vanderbilt-Owen, Texas-Mays. Boston-Carroll, Urbana Champaign, SDA-Bocconi, Imperial, Warwick, Cass and NUS. You may try your chances in b-school(s) by clicking https://tinyurl.com/pretzmp

Let me know in case of further queries. You may PM your details for free profile evaluation or discussion in length.

Regards
Erina

prashanth90 wrote:Hi,
I just took GMAT 660 (Q50, V31).
My background : 3 years Software development work experience in Cisco R&D India.
Undergrad: National Institute of Technology Surathkal (Top 10 Tech schools in India)
CG: 7.6/10 (don't know how to convert into 4.0, think conversion is around 3.2-3.4 not sure)

Started my own venture in college and ran it for a year. A Small Internet collaborative magazine
Interned at a Internet startup in managerial and marketing roles for 2 years(worked part time) during college (does it count?)

Extra curricular:
In charge of CSR activities in our company.Speaking to NGOs and making all employees to participate in the activities.
I maintain a Stock picks on fundamental analysis in a website.

What top schools I can apply with this score. Is it possible to get universities like UVa, cornell, kellog or atleast NUS or 2 tier like Kelly or Mays ?
I don't think I will be able to take GMAT again.I will be busy with work next two months

Please evaluate my profile and make suggestions.

Thanks in advance.
GMAT-720
Undergrad- Top 5 college in India
MBA- Top 15 FT ranking b-school
Free Profile Evaluation- https://www.apphelp.co.in/

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:59 am
I hate to give you the advice to retake the GMAT but a 660 score is significantly below the average of Indian applicants to UVA, Kellogg, and NUS.

You have a shot at Kelly and Mays given the fact that you graduated from a NIT and your experience is good. Your professional background is similar to other applicants' backgrounds from the ultracompetitive Indian applicant group so you will want to differentiate yourself as much as possible.

But if you retake the GMAT and score in the 700's you will be competitive for your target schools.

Good luck,
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by prashanth90 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:28 am
Thank you, Michael I will surely consider taking the GMAT again.I will consider Indiana and Mays as of now.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:35 members

by MBAPrepAdvantage » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:34 am
Good luck with your studying and keep us all informed about your progress with the test and applications.
Michael Cohan
MBAPrepAdvantage Founder & AIGAC Board Director
305-604-8178
www.mbaprepadvantage.com

Please thank and/or like individual posts.

Follow Michael Cohan on Image Image and BeattheGMAT.
Follow MBAPrepAdvantage on Image Image Image.

For a free assessment email [email protected] your target schools, goals, resume, GPA and GMAT or fill out our Free MBA Admissions Consultation Form.