ISB Hyderabad - 2017 profile evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by mcbMcK » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:52 pm
sireeshatekuru wrote:Hi Everyone,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB 2017 intake.

10th: 91.67% (AP state Board)
12th: 95.30% (AP State Board)
GRADUATION: B.Tech in IT with 82.44% from a Private college in Hyderabad.

<<snip>>

Also, please suggest if there is anything that i can do meanwhile to improve my profile.

Thanks,
Sireesha.

Consider the following points Sireesha:
  1. For a better evaluation, it will be important to understand the brands you have been associated with and the nature of your work. The promotion sounds good but a job change in the short period of 3 years will have to be explained well. It will also be helpful to understand your post-MBA plans.
  2. The GMAT re-take is a step in the right direction. Do not cut corners there and if you think some more prep can take you beyond 720, do not shy away from it. This will be important to ensure you are able to match up to your peer group's usual average.
  3. The ECs sound interesting but the scale and timeline is not very clear. Something you need to bring in as and when you mention those.
  4. For reasons mentioned here, I would not really hazard a guess at selection. But with the right set of essays, good GMAT and well thought through strategy, things should be ok for you. In the time that remains, GMAT is the biggest lever you can improve on.
Hope this helps.

Cheers,
MG (Manish Gupta)|The MBA Crystal Ball Team

Email: mcb at mbacrystalball dot com

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by arijit1989 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:42 am
Hi,

You can refer to the firm www.mbaessayconsultant.com.

I am an ISB Alum who has been associated with the firm as a free lance essay review consultant for the last 2 years and have provided assistance to 50 plus clients to prepare for and evaluate their essays.

You can reach out to me at [email protected] OR buzz me at +91-970121554

Thanks
Arijit