Is this a problem

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Is this a problem

by GMATCRUSHER » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:57 pm
On the OG math, I have been solving plenty of problems correctly, and timely (less than 30 seconds on some med-difficult) however my method of solving has been different from the method used in the back on the answer (especially simplifying algebraic expressions) is this a major/problem concern? Im concerned that If i do not thoroughly understand/apply the methods used by the OG book that I am not "practicing" correctly and might be in for a rude awakening on the actual test.....

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:750

Re: Is this a problem

by Charming » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:05 pm
GMATCRUSHER wrote:On the OG math, I have been solving plenty of problems correctly, and timely (less than 30 seconds on some med-difficult) however my method of solving has been different from the method used in the back on the answer (especially simplifying algebraic expressions) is this a major/problem concern? Im concerned that If i do not thoroughly understand/apply the methods used by the OG book that I am not "practicing" correctly and might be in for a rude awakening on the actual test.....
I don't thinks so. There are multiple methods to solve one math problem. The difference is just the efficiency of the methods. If you can always finish on time, that's not a big deal. But it's always helpful understanding more methods anyway.