Is there someone I can talk to?

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Is there someone I can talk to?

by jjm1181 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:19 am
I have a ton of questions that pertain to my situation. Is there someone I can email directly or call? I need advice on schools, gmat prep, and more, but can't seem to get answers. It seems that when I post questions on this website, I have 50 people who view the post, but only 1 person who responds. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by parore26 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:06 am
The official source for GMAT information is www.gmat.com They have a lot of logistical information. If you're interested in GMAT strategy you should browse the "I just beat the GMAT" forum on this website there are a lot of people who took the test and they outline their strategy. There are lots of consultancies that help candidates in picking business schools and applying to them. You can check out www.stacyblackman.com for a start. Note that most of these consultancies provide a free initial consultation but charge fees from that point on.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Amy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:49 pm
Hi parore26,

You can also start by posting your questions on this forum. I would spend some time researching where you can online, and then reach out a consultant, MBA alumni, etc for more personal advice.

As mentioned below, to contact Stacy Blackman Consulting visit the website at www.stacyblackman.com

Good luck!

Amy
Amy
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by OnapiIndia » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:49 am
Well i am also having the same problem so have you got any solution?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Tue May 06, 2008 9:23 am
Hi Everyone,

In addition to school websites, consultants, alumni, I would strongly recommend an MBA admissions book. They are fantastic resources for general information of the MBA admissions process - including description of schools/programs, advice on essay writing, sample interview questions.

I feel these books give you an nice (and quick) overview of the process. The books will also help you think through your own background, qualifications and potential schools of interests.

Here are some of my favorites:

"How to Get Into the Top MBA Programs"
Richard Montauk

"Your MBA Game Plan"
Omari Bouknight
(full disclosure - I work with Veritas Prep, a company affiliated with this book)

"Great Application Essays for Business Schools"
Paul Bodine

Good luck!

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_Tatiana » Wed May 21, 2008 5:34 pm
I recommend going to the info sessions of your top choice schools. Admissions personnel and faculty will be able to answer many of your questions, and alumni and fellow applicants can answer other questions. These groups of people covered all of my bases.

Alumni are also great people to help you with your essays... after all, they got in!!

Best wishes,

Tatiana
Tatiana Becker | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep