Interview Thank you letter?

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Interview Thank you letter?

by nakul.maheshwari » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:43 am
I should have thought of this before, but is it recommended to write a thankyou letter? If so, do you use the same format as you do for fulltime job interviews?

Quick replies will honestly be very appreciated.

Thanks
-Nick

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by InterviewBay2 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:32 am
A thank you letter will help your only chances of gaining an admission as you can stand out from the normal crowd with a well compiled letter. I believe you will be emailing your thank you letter. If emailing, make sure you send your message directly to your interviewer and not the general Admissions Committee email address. Since it's a personal letter you can use your own simple format. Here are the key points you should follow while compiling a thank you letter.
1. Keep it simple.
2. Begin with the thank you.
3. Tell them why you enjoyed meeting him/her.
4. Weave in your winning attributes.
5. Remind them him/her that you really want this MBA program. Provide your contact details at the end in case the interviewer wants to contact you. Good luck.

www.interviewbay.com
Mock interviews and Application reviews by Alumni

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by InterviewBay2 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:33 am
A thank you letter will help your only chances of gaining an admission as you can stand out from the normal crowd with a well compiled letter. I believe you will be emailing your thank you letter. If emailing, make sure you send your message directly to your interviewer and not the general Admissions Committee email address. Since it's a personal letter you can use your own simple format. Here are the key points you should follow while compiling a thank you letter.
1. Keep it simple.
2. Begin with the thank you.
3. Tell them why you enjoyed meeting him/her.
4. Weave in your winning attributes.
5. Remind them him/her that you really want this MBA program. Provide your contact details at the end in case the interviewer wants to contact you. Good luck.

www.interviewbay.com
Mock interviews and Application reviews by Alumni

GMAT/MBA Expert

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaMissionJenK » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:55 am
If you have the contact info of the person who interviewed you (which is recommended), then I would suggest a brief follow-up thank you letter. It can't hurt generally (as long as it's professional), and while it won't 'help' you get in per se, it's common sense that it demonstrates that you are thoughtful as well as grateful for their time and you appreciate the effort of the interviewER as well. Keep it concise and you can mention something specific or a few specific things you discussed if it makes sense, to help them better remember you (especially if they by chance had multiple interviews that day). Within 1 business day suggested.
Jennifer Kedrowski
MBA Admissions Consultant
www.mbamission.com
[email protected]

Register for a Free Consult from mbaMission: https://www.mbamission.com/consult.php

Visit the mbaMission Blog: www.mbamission.com/blog

Follow mbaMission on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mbaMission

Like mbaMission on Facebook: www.facebook.com/mbaMission

Read the Free mbaMission School-Specific Insider's Guides: www.mbamission.com/guides.php?category=insiders

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by bremkofi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:06 pm
By all means, write a thank you note. This is a question of etiquette, which is always a good thing to have. My consultant suggested it and I'm glad she did though I don't know whether it helped in any way to get me accepted. Its not a big deal, you won't have to do it more than a couple of times, if your lucky, and it certainly won't hurt. If you've gotten that far, you might as well top it up with a sign of thoughtfulness and consideration for that person's time. The above suggestions are good - keep it short and sweet.