In need of serious help and Advice.

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

In need of serious help and Advice.

by skullz_007 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:35 am
I have taken the GMATprep on 3 different occasions and my score keeps going down.
Here is a list of my scores:

Kaplan: 480 (without studying)

These are the test scores after studying

GMATprep First Attempt: 420
GMATprep Second Attempt:320
GMATprep Third Attempt: 350

I have been studying with the OG 12 and the Quant and Verbal Supplements (2nd edition).

My quant score keeps reducing and my verbal score remains at the same level (21)
I got virtually all the Data Sufficiency questions wrong, and with the verbal section most of my incorrect answers were critical reasoning and some sentence correction questions.

My GMAT is on Dec 21, please advice on what i can do to improve my score. I need help.

Thanks.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:740

by humblebee » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:06 pm
I know you probably don't want to hear this, but you're going to have to sit it again. Treat your test as a learning experience.

As for what you can do in between, probably nothing. I would basically sit down and prepare for the next few months of study.

There are no last minute magic bullets, especially off a base of 300-400. It appears as if you have some serious knowledge gaps in quant.

By the way, I'm assuming you aren't just aiming for a GMAT of 500.
wannabe business school consultant

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by skullz_007 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:36 am
Thanks for your reply, I have been thinking about it too that i will have to retake it.
I am aiming for a 650+ and admission for fall 2011.

Any ideas as to how i can prepare for the next few months before i retake the exam and submit my applications before the deadlines on March 1st?

Thanks again.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:740

by humblebee » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:56 am
You need to have a structured plan in place. You can either

1.) Look at the 60 day self study guide on this website
2.) Enrol in a commercial course who will also provide you with a structured plan.

Good luck applying R3....It's the toughest round to apply. You must have a phenomenal profile!
wannabe business school consultant