I wrote my essay the first time. please score me :)

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
The following appeared as part of an annual report sent to stockholders by Olympic Foods, a processor of frozen
foods:
"Over time, the costs of processing go down because as organizations learn how to do things better, they become
more efficient. In color film processing, for example, the cost of a 3-by-5-inch print fell from 50 cents for five-day
service in 1970 to 20 cents for one-day service in 1984. The same principle applies to the processing of food. And
since Olympic Foods will soon celebrate its 25th birthday, we can expect that our long experience will enable us to
minimize costs and thus maximize profits."

Below is my Essay.

The author draws a conclusion that the Olympics FOOD will become more efficient and therefore make more profit simply because of a twenty-five years old experience. The argument that the author provides has numerous flaws in reasoning and from this draws unreasonably far-reaching conclusions.
Simply "know-how" can not convert into efficiency. As a common agreement in management discipline, knowing how to do tasks doesn't really helps a company to become more efficient, not to say profitable. An efficient company has several essentials other than know how: better organization process assets, better decision making strategy, better organization charts, etc. conspicuously, the author failed to mention neither of them.
Another flaw is also fatal. The author brought an completely different example in a totally different field to simply illustrate his conclusion. Apparently, photo print process did shorten its duration of work and the cost of it did go down.
But everything looks superficial. Many things could trigger this improvement. Clearly, we've seen a burst in the technology since the second half of the 20th century. More efficient machinery had been invented to solve problems. The photo printing industry is very likely to be positively affected by this global trend.
Also, the conclusion that author draws is unreasonably far-reaching. An comparison between food producing and photo printing is broad, and frankly saying, inappropriate. Those two industries have nearly nothing in common. Managing a food producer, probably a factory contains hundreds of workers and supervisors, and tending a photo print service provider, a road side service center next to a coffee shop, are completely different. The author fail to mention the scale of the two facilities, which is essential to evaluate author's argument.
Conclusively, long experience itself, without a mature management or other essentials, can never lead to an efficient productivity, a reduced cost, or a maximize profit. Since the author unintendedly omitted too many parts, the failure of this drawn conclusion is salient and the structure of the reasoning is neither sound nor persuasive. The author failed to convey any compelling reason for Olympics Food to succeed in cutting down costs and cranking up profits.

by donaldblackmoke » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:01 am
very interesting topic. I liked everything. There are a couple of nuances, but on the whole it's very cool. the only thing that, fix in the end. at you whence that has got out a slice with a marking of the text
you can get homework online on our website. and then with homework you will be helped by the real professionals of their case

by mahresult » Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:44 am
It is the board which was developed in the year of 1966 with 9 divisional boards across the nation in various parts.

www.mahresult.nic.in