I need your help!

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

I need your help!

by piyushdabomb » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:10 pm
Hi,

I'm currently working on my sentence correction and I've noticed that although I know my concepts, I'm 'forgetting' to look for certain requirements. As an example, one of the questions was clearly testing on singular vs plural of "army" and I obviously knew that army is singular but somehow didn't think about it when I selected my answer.

My question to you is: When you are working on an SC problem, are you methodologically going through each possible grammar mistake or are you just focusing on your intuition?

So for example, if you think that the error is a parallelism error, are you going to start by fixing the parallelism first or are you going to tell yourself "for each SC question, I'm going to iterate through each 'major' concept, ranging from agreements to comparisons"?

How do I takle these mistakes? I can keep practicing, but that doesn't seem to be helping me! Am I just getting tired? Honestly, I don't know!
-------------------
Sincerely,

Piyush A.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by vaibhav.iit2002 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:38 pm
I was facing exact situation some time back[still its not 100% resolved]. Practice did help me. As now common errors trigger me. I keep all errors of sentence in mind and then eliminate all options that retain same errors. Then in remaining options I see whether a new error is introduced and pick the last option as correct.

There might be some better approaches though.