I'm in - now what??

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

I'm in - now what??

by Saffa » Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:03 am
Thanks to BTGMAT and a (quite) a few hours behind OG, Kaplan etc I scored a 680, which was enough to get me into my school of choice.

The GMAT is done, the essays and app are done, the interviews went well and I've been informed that I'm in. BUT NOW WHAT? I feel like a dog that's caught the car...

Its been 7 years since university so I'm checking out strategies and technologies that might be able to help me. Cornell note taking, Getting things done, MS One NOte, smart phone...

Any other suggestions? (No need for me to do a quants course at this stage)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:750

by LSB » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:18 pm
Congrats - don't worry too much about it. Enjoy your success for a while. No point in being over eager.

School has not changed much. Lots of reading, hard work and class discussions cannot be replaced by any technologies. As long as you have a laptop you will be fine.

Congratulations again

Legendary Member
GMAT Score:640

by AleksandrM » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:29 pm
I'm in my 20s and have the buzz on all of the latest stuff that you need for your MBA.

The word on the street has it that you absolutely cannot survive without an SCTD. Without it, you will not be able to get any work done on time or be able to participate in all of the student clubs. SCTD, or strategic classroom teleportation devise, will provide you with the ultimate ubiquitous experience...

On a serious note, I think that a cell phone and a laptop will be the only tools you'll need. Any software and other programs will probably be incorporated as part of your courses. Also, don't forget, there are hundreds of workshops available for students to pick up on some new tech skills. Use them!

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by niraj_a » Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:43 pm
get a blackberry or a smartphone with a big screen so you can surf on the go. from talking to current MBA students and alums, it seems like there is hardly a moment to breathe....

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:13 pm
Celebrate! This is shaping to be an incredibly difficult year to get into a top MBA program. Enjoy your successes and get ready for a wild ride in b-school!!
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep