I got a 460 :(

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

I got a 460 :(

by fruti_yum » Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:12 am
I've been studying the gmat for 8 months now!!! i knoww 8 long months.. the first time I took the test i cudn't sit through it... i felt the anxiety kicking in and was thinking of everything else but the material!!! the second time i took it i decided no matter what happens i will finish it and give it my best shot.. my breakdown (Q33, 21 V)... At this point, i'm typing this because i feel like i need some pschylogocal help...

I did well the first 10 questions in Quant... after which i realized i was 5 mins behind my scheduled time.. I freaked out after and everything from there went downhill.. I've done really well in all my practice exams.. I get the score of 44 on Q and 33 on Verbal..

I feel hopeless and dumb after all this studying.. I just feel like i've lost the last bit of confidence in me!! My original plan was to apply this year.. looks like it's not happening anytime soon :( also, i lost my job soo i was working full time on this.. my dedication and all my efforts were towards this and this is the..

My gpa is a 4.0 the last two years of college.. just not sure what to do with myself anymore!!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:690

by fleetkid » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:33 am
Hey come on this is not the end of the line.
If you really want to apply this year its not yet too late. You can give a shot at GMAT in the first week of November. Before that take as much practice tests as you can.

Meanwhile search for a new job and maybe you can apply for a B School next year.

by yogami » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:25 am
Yeah dude hear ya!!. You've got one choice from now on. That is to fight. GMAT or job you have to make it on your own. Just picture yourself trapped in a warzone and you have to survive. Yuo will do whatever it takes to live. This is what it is for you. And you can do it.
200 or 800. It don't matter no more.

GMAT Score:650

by KICKGMATASS123 » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:46 pm
yogami wrote:Yeah dude hear ya!!. You've got one choice from now on. That is to fight. GMAT or job you have to make it on your own. Just picture yourself trapped in a warzone and you have to survive. Yuo will do whatever it takes to live. This is what it is for you. And you can do it.

thanks guys..

I'm going to work on myself .. I'm just burned out right now..

i'll take a good break and then figure it out!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by yameiw » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:21 pm
Hey, don't be too stressed - you still have time to do another gmat and also, some schools let you take the gmat after you've applied. Chin up!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by helpme_2009 » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:55 pm
hey frn there is only one mantra for success.......never give up.....saying that i will qoute a famous line

(It does not matter how many times you get knocked down , but how many times you get up)

the person interseted in success has to learn to view failure as a healthy inevitable part of the process of getting to the top

there are many people who achieve their goal in few blow , but there only few lucky some , who struggle a bit more to reach that height

keep trying unless u achieve it