I am running out of practice tests

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

I am running out of practice tests

by dblazquez » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:43 am
Hey!
i think that practice makes perfect and i am trying to do as many tests as possible, and believe me, it is paying out.

I am retaking in 6 weeks after having obtained a 690. But now i am running out of practice tests. So far, i have done the following ones:
- GMATPrep: two times
- Powerprep: two times
- 4 Princetion review
- 4 Kaplan 2006
- 4 Kaplan 2005
- 1 Manhattan GMAT
- 4 GMAT800

yep, I know, I am crazy ;)

do you know more resources i could use? the harder the better!! Particularly, the GMAT800 ones i have probably are old, do you guys know if GMAT800 people changes regularly their tests?

thanks in advance...
Daniel

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by gdhiman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:49 am
Hey if u dont mind my asking you. how did u do on the Princeteon review CD tests? and how did u do on the actual GMAT. are the scores on the PR a little lower than what u expect on GMAT?
I know no one can answer that perfectly, but i'd still like to get a rough estimate.

I just took the first PR CD test - 1 ..got a 650 (51Q, 30V). Taking the GMAT on Aug 23rd. Any suggestions?

by dblazquez » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:57 am
Well, actually those were the first tests i took -because i was told that were the easiest ones. I tend to agree to that idea; but if you had a 51Q, you must be very happy!. You can apply maybe a 30% of security margin :)

I am planning to retake one Princeton now that i have a larger GMAT experience and data and i will have a more accurate idea. I will post again the saturday (i will take a PR and i will compare with my last real GMAT score). I will post the result

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: I am running out of practice tests

by beatthegmat » Thu Aug 03, 2006 5:39 pm
dblazquez wrote:Hey!
i think that practice makes perfect and i am trying to do as many tests as possible, and believe me, it is paying out.

I am retaking in 6 weeks after having obtained a 690. But now i am running out of practice tests. So far, i have done the following ones:
- GMATPrep: two times
- Powerprep: two times
- 4 Princetion review
- 4 Kaplan 2006
- 4 Kaplan 2005
- 1 Manhattan GMAT
- 4 GMAT800

yep, I know, I am crazy ;)

do you know more resources i could use? the harder the better!! Particularly, the GMAT800 ones i have probably are old, do you guys know if GMAT800 people changes regularly their tests?

thanks in advance...
Daniel
Daniel:

Great work with the practice tests! I'm glad to see that you practice is paying off--believe me, you will understand how important these full-length practice tests really are when you sit down for your real GMAT.

GMATPrep and PowerPrep tests are supposed to test differently each time you take them. They draw from a large bank of questions, so it's possible you would see fresh questions if you were to do them again (I know you've all ready done them 2 times!).

You might want to investigate purchasing old paper GMAT tests for several years ago. If all else fails, I recommend repeating OG (if you haven't done so all ready).

Best of luck! It seems like you are positioned to get a great score on your upcoming GMAT!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by gdhiman » Thu Aug 03, 2006 8:11 pm
dblazquez wrote:Well, actually those were the first tests i took -because i was told that were the easiest ones. I tend to agree to that idea; but if you had a 51Q, you must be very happy!. You can apply maybe a 30% of security margin :)

I am planning to retake one Princeton now that i have a larger GMAT experience and data and i will have a more accurate idea. I will post again the saturday (i will take a PR and i will compare with my last real GMAT score). I will post the result
Thanks mate. that will really be nice. I will wait for yr post over the weekend! :)

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

thats right

by aim-wsc » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:21 am
i second Eric, u can repeat GMATPrep as many times as u like.
Daniel, btw r u re-appearing for GMAT?

by dblazquez » Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:17 am
yeah, aim, i know that it's not a good idea to retake after a 690 but I need more than a 700 for applying to a spanish scholarship that can pay my tuition... what a bitch of score the mine!!! i needed a 700 and i get a 690. Well, lets try again :)

by dblazquez » Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:33 am
I have fininshed the first PR CAT test. Well, just the quant part because an stupid bug on the testing system has finished my test without showing the verbal part. This bug is well known and only happens if you don't start the verbal part inmediately after the quant.

So i have scored 46 in the quant part. The questions were similar to the GMAT ones, but way easier. It's ok to practice but not an accurate score predictor.

I have found coord geometry questions, work problems, sets problems but very few number property and now prob/comb at all. The DS also were too easy. I will post more info about the verbal part when the software allows me to finish a full test!

hope this helps

by gdhiman » Sat Aug 05, 2006 11:31 am
dblazquez wrote:So i have scored 46 in the quant part. The questions were similar to the GMAT ones, but way easier. It's ok to practice but not an accurate score predictor.
hope this helps
I am glad u mention that the score is not an accurate predictor. I also just finished a PR CD test 2... got 35/37 quant questions right... and it just gave me a score of 46 on QUant????? Does that sound right?

So, u think quant on PR is eaiser.. Hmm.. well I gotta look at other tests and see how i do on them. Hopefully i keep up my quant performance :)

Anyway, on CD test 2 i got a 650 again. (46Q, 35V). Got 35/37 quant right and 28/41 verbal correct. I really thought should have scored more than the stupid 650. :evil:

by gdhiman » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:06 am
hey what about 800score.com...
u taken those tests? i just bought those... taking the first test tonight.

by dblazquez » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:41 am
Those are good and simillar enought to the real thing; when i put GMAT800 I was actually referring to those ones.

The testing interface is not so good but the questions will help you to get used to the real test.

Easier than the Kaplan and Manhattan ones but harder han PR. Good luck with the first one...

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

800 tests

by aim-wsc » Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:00 pm
referring to post# 1 by Daniel & post # 10 by gdhiman,
can u guys tell the .dll or .dat file's modification date?

that way we can confirm whether they have changed the papers or not.

the daniel has is quite old. & himan s just purchased it...

i m thinking of purchasing the same.

please reply.