How to figure out the main conclusion? weaken

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Like always I can get down to two possible answers. Then I pick the wrong one.

OA: A

I get down to A & C

however they argue that "save your money" is not supported in the argument. Well for me it is if I read the 1st sentence...

Please can s.b. explain why "save your money" is not beeing supported by the argument?

Thx a lot

Legendary Member
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:720

by maihuna » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:27 am
image not viewable, plz post it in text
Charged up again to beat the beast :)

by Goldfinger2001 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:43 am

Does it work now?

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members

by mundasingh123 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:48 am
The Conclusion is
Since there there is no indication that running on a treadmill offers some benefit that running on a track does not,Running on a track is more healthy . To weaken this conclusion 1 has to find an Option that shows at least some benefit that running on the treadmill offers and that running on a Track Does Not. Hence A.
In C, Even If the TreadMill costs 2500 $ , Its still a waste of money and still does not offer any benefit which Running On a Track Does not.I used the Signal Word However here to Zero on to the Conc.
The Money Factor has been mentioned only once and no premise related to Financial Cost is present in the Stimulus
I Seek Explanations Not Answers

Followed by:1 members

by crimson2283 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:04 am
Is the answer A or C?

Followed by:1 members

by crimson2283 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:43 am
I don't think "Since there is part is the conclusion". However is a premise indicator, not a conclusion indicator.
The conclusion here is the last sentence. Save your money .....

mundasingh123 wrote:The Conclusion is
Since there there is no indication that running on a treadmill offers some benefit that running on a track does not,Running on a track is more healthy . To weaken this conclusion 1 has to find an Option that shows at least some benefit that running on the treadmill offers and that running on a Track Does Not. Hence A.
In C, Even If the TreadMill costs 2500 $ , Its still a waste of money and still does not offer any benefit which Running On a Track Does not.I used the Signal Word However here to Zero on to the Conc.
The Money Factor has been mentioned only once and no premise related to Financial Cost is present in the Stimulus

Legendary Member
Followed by:26 members

by mundasingh123 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:47 am
crimson2283 wrote:I don't think "Since there is part is the conclusion". However is a premise indicator, not a conclusion indicator.
The conclusion here is the last sentence. Save your money .....

mundasingh123 wrote:The Conclusion is
Ok
I Seek Explanations Not Answers