How closely does the GMATprep reflect the actual GMAT?

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:700
I just read the thread "770 from Uzbekistan" and it was great advice and all, but the poster said that the CR and SC questions on the real GMAT are MUCH different from the GMATprep. A few weeks, I got a 730 on a GMATPrep exam...but after reading that, I am not so confident any more :(

So is there really HUGE difference between the actual GMAT and the GMATPrep exams? :shock:

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by vivecan2005 » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:18 pm
aikomidori wrote:I just read the thread "770 from Uzbekistan" and it was great advice and all, but the poster said that the CR and SC questions on the real GMAT are MUCH different from the GMATprep. A few weeks, I got a 730 on a GMATPrep exam...but after reading that, I am not so confident any more :(

So is there really HUGE difference between the actual GMAT and the GMATPrep exams? :shock:
I haven't sit for exam but as a general opinion, any material from GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) or www.mba.com has very good sense of actual exam be it official guide or GMATPrep.
Make sure that you score 730 or around score several times before go for actual.

Two days pay no attention on GMAT and suddenly sit for test under actual timed and disciplined condition at home and then see you score.

See your score in MGMAT at least 2-3 times as well

See your score in GMAT focus at least 2-3 times as well

If actually in all above tets you get somewhere between 700 - 750 then just register for actual. remember you know yourself best and be honest with yourself while take these test at home

Good luck

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:700

by aikomidori » Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:32 pm
oh okay thanks :o I plan on taking an manhattan gmat exam sometime soon and on a slightly older GMAT test, I received a 710.

Thanks very much! :D