Here we go!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Here we go!

by robert.cobb » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:01 pm
Ok guys, heres the deal.

I am currently an undergrad, majoring in Computer Information Technology and Economics.
I really could care less about my CIT degree, but I got into an econ class about a year and a half ago, fell in love with it, and haven't looked back.
I will graduate in May, and will start my MA this fall in Applied Economics at the same school. I had to take the GRE for that program, and after about a month of studying only Kaplan's book, I got an 1110. Not great, not bad, but certainly enough to get me into the program here.
About 2 weeks ago, I sat down with a professor of mine, and we started talking PhD's. I know I have wanted to be a college professor for a while, but it has been starting to get serious lately. I initially wanted to do a PhD in economics, and was pretty hellbent on doing so, but my professor told me to at least do a little research on Finance PhD's, as a lot of the core concepts are the same, and you can make a ton more money teaching finance. (sn-money is not the driving force of me though)

So, my question to you guys, is a 700 on the GMAT attainable?
I just ordered from amazon.com the OG and Kaplan's book. (I like Kaplan's format, that's why I chose that book)
I plan on taking the GMAT over the summerl; giving me about 6 months to study, while I am finishing up my undergrad.
Thanks, and I will amend to this post as I think of more stuff to ask!

Thanks!
Robert A. Cobb Jr