Hello!! Confronting my fear of the GMAT - sort of new here!!

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members
Folks:

I joined the forum back in 2007 (I think), signed up for Veritas Prep, registered for the GMAT and chickened out.

Well now I turn 30 this year, I'm not too happy at my job (happy to have one given the current economic climate), and woke up to the reality that I need to move my life forward and taking the GMAT and applying to B-School could be an avenue to reaching my goals but I'm not putting all my eggs in the B-School basket.

I'm registered to take the GMAT on June 30 - I just took the 1st of the GMAT Prep Practice exams and got thoroughly sonned/pwned/owned/beat with a 590 :(

I realize I have a lot of work to do to get my scores up. Like most folks I'd love to make the magical 700....we'll see if that is possible.

Just wanted to say hello to whoever gets to read this and that I'm happy to be here

OGB

by yogami » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:51 pm
Hey man. I turned 30 just a week ago and I know how you feel. I hated my job so much that I quit it. I am going to schedule mine in the last week of July. My preparation started about two and a half weeks ago. And I want to get to the impossible 750. My practice test scores in the beginning averaged around 650. I need to build 100 solid points in the next month and half. Well if you intend to put 110 points in the next twenty days then you have a really daunting task ahead. If your dates can be flexible then you might want to postpone that by a month or so and follow a concrete study plan. take all the practice tests with all the intermediate breaks necessary to work on your errors.
200 or 800. It don't matter no more.

Followed by:1 members

by ogbeni » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:59 pm
Yogami,

My dates are flexible...I'm giving myself end of June because I've been such a chicken and want to get this exam over and done with!! After taking the GMAT I want to focus my energy on applications, essays and learnin foreign languages (I'm seriously considering INSEAD)

This site is one hell of a resource!!! So I'm not the only grandpa here :) LOL

OGB