Harvard interview

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Harvard interview

by national01 » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:49 am
Hi,

I had my Harvard interview this week and fear that I've blown my chances.

Why? I think I was far too wordy and verbose in my answers, instead of being concise, punchy and clear like I know I am usually. There were three or four questions that I have been re-playing over and over in my head that I simply know I didn't answer in the way I could have.

The interviewer only had time for ~10 questions, which I think is indicative of the fact I gave answers that were far too long.

On the plus side, I think I built up a good rapport with my interviewer and came across as fairly confident. I am a UK applicant who is currently working in media (i.e. not a traditional demographic). My essays and recommendations are strong.

It's a painful wait until 30th March and the wait is already driving me mad!

Do you think I have blown it?

Thoughts appreciated! Thanks.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:5 members

by Dozie@VeritasPrep » Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:25 pm
I always tell candidates, the interview never goes as well or poorly as you often think. Some interviewers ask fewer questions than other so don't necessarily correlate this. The school will make a holistic decision on your entire package so don't fret at this point because it is out of your control. receiving an interview from HBS is a great sign of interest
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who's right for you. Meet our team!
Register for a free MBA Admissions Workshop!