Guidance Needed regarding Selecting School and Application

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi, I gave GMAT last week and got a score of 720(51/35).
I wish to apply for the session starting next year july-aug. Given a choice, i would like to pursue the MBA in Operations Management. That is why i have thought of few colleges, like Tepper, Wharton, Purdue, Anderson, to apply to. Further help is required
Any help regarding where should i apply and the application essays would be greatly appreciated.
If you have access to some of the sample application essays or you know someone who has access to the essays, it would be realy helpful if you could forward them to me for reference.

Background: 10th: 93%, 12th: 93%, College: 7.92/10
B.Tech Graduate in Production and Industrial Engineering.
Working in IT domain for the past 27 months.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Shawn Sturgeon » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:00 pm
Hi Saurabh,

Have you considered Darden? As a top general management school, it has a lot of companies that recruit here for operations specific positions, consulting and general management rotational programs (that include stints in Ops).

Shawn

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by batrichie93 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 1:56 am
Also, Amity business school is the best in India.
They have best of faculty and environment and even different specialization option.
Amity even have good MBA specialization which one expects with AICTE approved and Government recognized institute.
Check out this website for more information : www.ricssbe.org/about-us/about-amity/rankings/

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:50 am
I feel like this is the leg-work that you should do on your own as it's a pretty big blanket question. I will say that your GMAT score is great so well done on that front! You've got about 2.5 full months to do all of the research needed on all of your target schools to be able to put together a stellar application. You should definitely start reaching out to current students now!!!! Don't wait!
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants