greatest trajedy ever happend :(

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

greatest trajedy ever happend :(

by manoj0609 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:49 am
I gave my GMAT test today ..
In my any of the moc tests I never got less than 600
gmat prep 1-630
gmat prep2 -640 .

Today a network failure occured in between the test ,my test got hunged,
after 20 mins admin guys came and sorted it out but when it resumed ,it took be back 2 questions and and 4 mins less . I am really shocked with what happend to me today . Never expected this low.
Finally I ended up with as low as 490 .

I fail to understand,how could this happen? I have been ask to speak
to Pearson center or they will get back to me in couple of days ..

This was a major set back.

Any suggestions what could be next step ?

by shom » Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:05 am
That is really terrible. Maybe one of the worst test taking experiences I've ever heard. The good news is that 1) you may get to re take because of unfair test conditions 2) The next time you write it, your score will be way better and you can explain away your first score in your MBA applications.

I feel for you, but I think things will work out for the best in the long run.

Good luck!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:550

by jfranco23 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:16 am
It is terrible what happened to you, but you should write to GMAC ad tell your story, for sure you will be able to do your exam again without charge. Try, if possible, to do the exam in a different test center.

by manoj0609 » Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:53 am
I had reported this incident very next day of my exam.The GMAC customer service guys are pissig me off.Whenever I call them up to know the status ,everytime they give me new expected day to get this issue sorted. I am left clueless .Shd I schedule my different appoitment ? or wait for them to come back finally?

Please help