Got my official scores today: Total: 740 and AWA: 6!!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:740
Seems like I pleased the e-Rater and the human raters of my essays too: just got my official report and my AWA score is 6, besides the total score I reported earlier in this forum!! I am very happy and would like to provide all help (naturally, within ethical boundaries) to anyone in this forum that seeks help. This forum has helped me a lot.

On the AWA, to all the test takers (in case you do not do this already): whenever you start writing your AWA essays, do include one or two counterarguments to your stand. I used this approach for both my essays - the Argument and Issue ones, and they worked (looking at my scores, I think so). The counterarguments should attack your assumptions that you are using to make your point. You would then use a qualifier such as a "However" or some such conjunction to counter the counter-argument. I hope you all got the drift. I am quite pleased with my overall performance, but sadly its that time of the year when the top 10 schools would have already shut their admissions windows already (heard that only the top European schools are open but I think they are not that well reputed. Is INSEAD a school at par with the top 5 US schools in terms of reputation? Can someone tell me more about this school?)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:720

by arindamcanada » Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:59 am
Hi Pallav,

Congrats on a stellar score. Now that the GMAT is only 10 days, I will begin attempting my AWA's as well.
I have been to info sessions of 3 of the top 5 american schools namely Harvard, Wharton and Kelllogg as well as INSEAD and found the INSEAD info session to be a huge disappointment - they entirely showed videos of parties on the INSEAD campus and shared very little light on the academic program - but one of the things I liked was Entrepreneurship Simulation Project one can take in the 5th or the 6th term. That seemed to be a very challenging course. However I would leave the comparison to someone who knows these schools a little more than info sessions.

Arindam
- Just one life, Just one chance

Visit my pre-mba blog - https://canadatousamba.blocked