Got admission

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:470

Got admission

by gmatplayer » Wed May 19, 2010 7:30 am
Hello all,

This is probably my last post in Beatthegamt forum. I studied hard for GMAT throughout last year with practice test scores between 650 and 700 & finally got shocking GMAT score of 470 in actual GMAT. I was devastated and decided to give another try to go as close as 700.

But then, I made inquiry and found out that because I already have Masters from US University with about 5 years of experience, I might not need it. So I made an application and to my amazement I received the admission to Part time MBA at a university (Name not mentioned) that requires average GMAT score of above 700.

I always wanted to succeed in GMAT and get good score, not just for admission purpose but for "feeling good" because I think it is one of the best tests I took to measure ability. I also feel that my knowledge of "Correct English" has improved since I started studying for GMAT. But we cannot deny the fact that GMAT is only the step needed for MBA admission.

I felt good when my admission advisor said that "GMAT is just a test & people at here MBA School often perform well even if they had no success in it". I am starting my classes soon and cannot tell you how happy I am.

I have received enormous response to all my posts related to questions & format of GMAT and I am forever in debt to all you guys for your great contribution. I can easily say that there is no single question in GMAT that can't be solved here on this forum.
I want to thank in specific to all moderators, team members (DanaJ, Stuart to name a few) and forum creator Eric for their support & inspiration. You guys are the best!

I also want to wish best luck to all member of this forum in their endeavor

gmatplayer

Legendary Member
Followed by:4 members

by uwhusky » Wed May 19, 2010 8:48 am
Congratulation on the admission!

I am quite fascinated by the huge gap between the scores of practice and actual test, and especially in the area of quant. Have you identified the reasons why there's such big gap?

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:16 am
Did you mean 670 instead of 470? You GMAT score in your profile says 670 that's why I'm asking... If it is indeed a 470 then without mentioning the school maybe you can give some advice on how/if you explained your score to the adcom.
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants