Good Universities at a score of 570 in Gmat

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Good Universities at a score of 570 in Gmat

by mayura16 » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:13 am
Hi,

I am Mayura and I scored 570 in Gmat.
I have 3.3 years of experience now and would like to apply for fall 2013 batch.

I am currently into IT industry and working as a mobile application developer.

My score breakdown is Q 49 V 21.
Scored very less in verbal which was a big setback. i always scored in mid 30 in verbal.

What are the possibilities of getting into good university and please suggest me which universities should I target and in which good universities I stand a chance with this score.

Thank You.

Cheers,
Mayura.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:27 members

by MBACrystalBall » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:09 am
Mayura,

Stories of folks getting into good universities with a very low GMAT are extremely rare. Like this one about someone with a 570 GMAT score who got into the Executive MBA program at Columbia.

Your best bet would be to try and raise the score and get it closer (or higher) than the median for the schools that you are targetting.
Watch these MBA videos

Sameer Kamat, Founder - MBA Crystal Ball | Careerizma
Email: info at mbacrystalball dot com

Must read for MBA aspirants
1. Beyond The MBA Hype | 2. Business Doctors: Management Consulting Gone Wild

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by mayura16 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:37 pm
Hi Sameer,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I am actually looking for a fulltime MBA.Also, I am preparing for one more chance.
But i just wanted to know at 570 which schools should I think of?
At 570,in which good schools I stand a chance?

It would be very helpful if you could name some schools which are decent schools and can accept 570 as gmat score.

Thanks a lot.

BR,
Mayura.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by sieken » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:44 am
Mayura: your quant score is very competitive, however all top programs would be worried about your verbal. With a 21, you're in the 23rd percentile and all adcoms would be worried about your ability to communicate with your fellow students and future colleagues in english. I would focus on bringing your verbal score up to at least a 30 before applying anywhere. With a 21, it is doubtful you'll get into any top 25 school, and perhaps not a top 50, but of course you could prove them wrong in the interview!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:11 members

by mbaguy2012 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:02 pm
A school which will admit you at 570 ideally cannot be a top school and with less than 5 years of experience, you should ideally aim at a top 50 school to get maximum out of it.

IT graduates generally have more chances of finding a job internationally in the IT industry again but why take risk. You are young, retake GMAT and score at least 650+.