GMAT score 660 :-(

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT score 660 :-(

by siddharthisback » Thu May 10, 2012 6:02 am
Hi i just gave the gmat on 10 may 2012. I am looking forward to apply in any of the reputed B schools. But i am really disappointed by my score.

GMAT score 660. Quant 49 Verbal 31.

THis was my second attempt. First score was 610. I really can not give the test again bcoz i really have a busy schedule in the office.

I have done my graduation in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY engineering. ( 4 Years) Mumbai university India.

I currently have 4 years of work experience and will be 5 years when in join MBA in fall 2013.
I am currently working for TCS (Tata consultancy services) as a Information technology Analyst.
Currently designing and coding core banking systems for TCS.
I was a team lead and have lead a team of 4 people.Job responsibility was designing and implementing LOANS module. Training the freshers.

I need you to tell me what chances do i have to get thru some of the good management colleges ??
What is the next step??? What collgs to apply??

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:10 members

by apphelp » Fri May 11, 2012 8:34 am
siddharthisback wrote:Hi i just gave the gmat on 10 may 2012. I am looking forward to apply in any of the reputed B schools. But i am really disappointed by my score.

GMAT score 660. Quant 49 Verbal 31.

THis was my second attempt. First score was 610. I really can not give the test again bcoz i really have a busy schedule in the office.

I have done my graduation in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY engineering. ( 4 Years) Mumbai university India.

I currently have 4 years of work experience and will be 5 years when in join MBA in fall 2013.
I am currently working for TCS (Tata consultancy services) as a Information technology Analyst.
Currently designing and coding core banking systems for TCS.
I was a team lead and have lead a team of 4 people.Job responsibility was designing and implementing LOANS module. Training the freshers.

I need you to tell me what chances do i have to get thru some of the good management colleges ??
What is the next step??? What collgs to apply??

Hi Siddharth,

Your are in a tricky situation. GMAT score of 660 for an Indian IT male ( apologies for using the lingo) is way below avg. Your role has been that of a typical software programmer in an IT services firm who has now graduated to a team lead role. So unless your extra curriculars are great we see bleak chances of getting an interview call from top 15-20 colleges.

You can look at the following schools:

India
XLRI GMP - possible
IIM I EPGP - possible
Great Lakes

US
Texas mccombs
Carlson Minnesota
Maryland Smith
Kelley Indiana

Canada
Queens
York Schulich
Richard Ivey - tough

UK
Warwick
Manchester
Imperial

( UK visa norms are now very strict, so would not encourage you to apply unless you have relatives/ family there)

Feel free to reject our opinion. You can contact us anytime for a detailed discussion.

Cheers
Apphelp Team
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy

Confused about schools? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP (apphelp.co.in)
Phone: +91 9871354580
Blog: https://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by venice » Thu May 24, 2012 8:53 am
which one to choose between Warwick business school and IIM EPGP (if you have admissions from both)

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by 99Colleges: MBA Admission » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:30 am
Hi Siddharthisback,

Agree with apphelp. In order to compete in the highly competitive applicant pool of Indian male IT, you need to have a competitive GMAT score (preferably 720 +), unless you have other differentiating factors to talk about in your essays. All the best.
Anil, MBA (Wharton)| MBA Admissions Consultant
--------------------------------------
Consulting| Contact at [email protected] for your queries on MBA Admissions
--------------------------------------
And if you couldn't make it earlier, get a free ding analysis