gmat scared me

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

gmat scared me

by mani24 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:58 pm
hi friends, i have just started preparation. i am studying after 2 yrs of gap.
at this time i found SC's are very very hard. After studying one week i m thinking that i will not be able to do this...
i need ur suggestions, should i quit?? Or it happens with every one in the begining. :cry:

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Prasanna » Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:41 pm
One week is too early to make any decision. A majority takes this exam after many years of formal education. Check out the resources on this forum. Set your target score and work towards it. You need to be patient with this exam.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by tomato1 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 1:57 am
Play hard or go home..............

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

You are FINE

by anne_sb » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:13 pm
It's easy to be discouraged after a 2-year hiatus from studying! Keep at it - it will take more than a week - you'll gain confidence in the near future and you will do JUST FINE. :wink:

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_Tatiana » Mon May 05, 2008 4:54 pm
Hi Mani,

I hope that you won't call it quits, yet. I have seen Veritas students in their 40s and 50s master algebra when they hadn't seen it in years. It didn't come back as fast as riding a bicycle, and it took a lot of dedicated hours of studying. What you need to ask yourself is if you have the time and dedication to be able to get the score that you need.

Also, if you are scared you may want to work on some test anxiety management techniques. I used to suffer from terrible test anxiety, and then learned that I could do much better if I just saw each test as an opportunity to solve interesting problems. I used that technique on my one and only shot at the GMAT, and it helped me get my 750.

Best wishes,

Tatiana
Tatiana Becker | GMAT Instructor | Veritas Prep