Gmat killed me, i got a 620, i need advice from experts now

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by aicuevas » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:35 am
beatthegmat wrote:I would consider not re-taking the test. A 620 is still a fine score, and improving your score by 40-50 points would only have--AT BEST--incremental benefit to your application.

In my opinion, your time would be better served focusing on other areas of your application.
I really appreciated this response. I took the GMAT this morning and got a 620 (40M 34V). I was not really aiming for a 700+ score, but a 650 would be very much appreciated. I do not intend to retake the exam as this would entail additional costs for me. For a Filipino, USD 250 is already a lot!!!

Thanks for affirming my belief that I should focus more on how I can do better in the application process by preparing outstanding essays and good recom letters.

I would also like to believe that Filipinos will have an edge over other nationalities, especially the Indians, since we are not well represented in the MBA community.