GMAT beat me this time but I will be back with vengeance!!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:720
Took the GMAT after about 2 months of preparations. I got beaten this time. Dunno what struck me at the exam but I came out with Q49 V32 and 680. To sum it up, I knew my verbal wasn't the best, but my GMAT Prep 2 was a 39 and I had an overall of a 730. In all other GMAT Prep's I was getting 35 constantly, so 32 does make me feel bad because I was constantly getting 710.

Anyway, life is not over. I know I am capable of more. I view myself as a top 5 University candidate and I will not leave any stones unturned for my GMAT Retake. This time I am not going to be satisfied if I score anywhere below 750. I am a person with positive mindset and I do not believe in losing challenges.

I am thinking of registering with Knewton - they give a 50 point guarantee as well, and that is going to help my cause of atleast getting a 730 :)

Till then, I will continue to provide support to the BeattheGMAT forum and help everyone else with tips that I know of.

Arindam
- Just one life, Just one chance

Visit my pre-mba blog - https://canadatousamba.blocked

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:580

by srinivasarajui » Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:41 am
680 is not a bad score, good attitude get going brother.
Srinu

Legendary Member
GMAT Score:680

by harshavardhanc » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:21 am
arindamcanada wrote:Took the GMAT after about 2 months of preparations. I got beaten this time. Dunno what struck me at the exam but I came out with Q49 V32 and 680. To sum it up, I knew my verbal wasn't the best, but my GMAT Prep 2 was a 39 and I had an overall of a 730. In all other GMAT Prep's I was getting 35 constantly, so 32 does make me feel bad because I was constantly getting 710.

Anyway, life is not over. I know I am capable of more. I view myself as a top 5 University candidate and I will not leave any stones unturned for my GMAT Retake. This time I am not going to be satisfied if I score anywhere below 750. I am a person with positive mindset and I do not believe in losing challenges.

I am thinking of registering with Knewton - they give a 50 point guarantee as well, and that is going to help my cause of atleast getting a 730 :)

Till then, I will continue to provide support to the BeattheGMAT forum and help everyone else with tips that I know of.

Arindam

All the best buddy! Listen to "you can't take me - Bryan Adams ( OST - Spirit)" . Will help you pump yourself more.
Regards,
Harsha

GMAT Score:730

by Davy03 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:55 am
You should definitly retake, I believe there can be great variations in both quantitative and verbal scores (up to 6~9 points in each section).

Scores depend on your level, but also on other factors such as the content tested on the day of the exam (your favorite types of questions may or may not show up), luck (you can get a question right without really understanding why it is right and you can also get a question wrong without damaging your score if it is an experimental questions), your number of careless mistakes and your shape on the day of the exam.

For instance, my quantitative score ranges from 44 to 50 and my verbal score ranges from 36 to 44 (scores based on GMAT Prep and on the actual GMAT).

by bbakang » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:45 pm
I like the attitude...Good luck

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:720

by arindamcanada » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:12 pm
Thanks for all the encouragement. I have decided that I will not stop practising, until I am satisfied that I will get a 750 or something close and then only take the test.
- Just one life, Just one chance

Visit my pre-mba blog - https://canadatousamba.blocked