GMAT 720 (44V / 44M)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GMAT 720 (44V / 44M)

by willshu » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:11 pm
Guys, just took the GMAT today and received a 720. I'm not entirely dissatisfied with my score, but my quant percentile is 70%. On the Kaplan CATs I had been regularly scoring 750 with over 90% on both sections, so I was surprised to get a 70%. That being said, if I were to pick a section that I was not as adept at, it would be the quant section. Should I retake the test again? I still have enough time to retake in 31 days given Round 2 deadlines by 6 Jan. A bit of background. I was an investment banking analyst/associate at a bulge bracket firm for 5 years and have been working at distressed credit hedge fund/private equity (hybrid fund) for the last two years. I am only targeting top 5 US schools. Is it strange that I did so poorly on quant that I should re-do the test? (I thought the quant section was pretty comparable to Kaplan, so was quite surprised when I did so poorly). Any advice is appreciated. Is the 80/80 rule applied rigorously?

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Wajiha » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:49 pm
Make ur essays strong...ur score is really good ...u can get through if ur essays are top notch!!!