GMAC Canceled my Score after 4 months.. :(

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:720

by monusangeeta » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:55 pm
I called US customercare...and received the same response what Indian Customer care folks told me...i.e. reply to the mail from which I have received the cancellation notice and WAIT! as they do not have any such information in their system...I tried to dig them on policy on cancellation...but they had no answer to that...furthermore, I havent received any mail from the testsecurity team regarding cancellation..

@Eric...can u pls suggest sth...

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by RadiumBall » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:20 pm
Man I didn't know so many people hated the GMAT :D

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rahul_tyagi26 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:26 pm
the same thing happened with me in 2010 at GMAT bhopal center... after getting 710 score...after 2 months i got a mail informing about cancellation of my score and asking me to reappear...called up the gmac fellows in US and after arguing with the gmac fellows and asked them t0 give me some more time for bout 1 month to reappear for the test and meanwhile asked the authorities to look to my recordings and take further decision....

the best part that happened to me was that after fews days got a mail from gmac regarding my score...they informed me that my score is being considered valid...so i m relieved...

hoping for the best for all of you guys suffereing fro the same nightmare as i have suffered...Good luck...have faith...

rahul

by monusangeeta » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:33 am
hi Rahul...

Thanks for your post...could yu please throw some light...why they considered ur score invalid...and what made them restored it again...was it ur argument or sth else...if it wwas ur argument...what points did u put across...furthermore, if possible...could u pls share the US no. u dialed to for this discussion....coz i have been dialing to gmatcustomercare and they have no clue arnd it...

thanks
monusangeeta

by monusangeeta » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:54 pm
Its happening... :'(...Scores are gone from mba.com...GMAC has asked for re test convenient date...looks like colleges can not access the score any more...as i just received a mail from one the colleges asking for my gmat score...i have replied to the test security...pleading my honesty...keeping my fingers crossed... :(

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:28 members

by sivaelectric » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:15 pm
Very sad :( ... Keep pushing at the GMAC. Dont leave them till you get a proper response.
If I am wrong correct me :), If my post helped let me know by clicking the Thanks button ;).

Chitra Sivasankar Arunagiri

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:710

by gmatmachoman » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:02 pm
monusangeeta wrote:Its happening... :'(...Scores are gone from mba.com...GMAC has asked for re test convenient date...looks like colleges can not access the score any more...as i just received a mail from one the colleges asking for my gmat score...i have replied to the test security...pleading my honesty...keeping my fingers crossed... :(

Just keep faith in God & hope for the best!!Don't Panic

Hardwork never goes waste!!Guess what, u may rock 750 in next attempt and that will be "stellar story"for ur way to a elite Bschool!!Even if this venture withers out, u could see a silverline !! God bless u.

Did u speak to eric?? He may be of great help to u.

Keep us posted!

Legendary Member

by gmatmachoman » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:04 pm
rahul_tyagi26 wrote:the same thing happened with me in 2010 at GMAT bhopal center... after getting 710 score...after 2 months i got a mail informing about cancellation of my score and asking me to reappear...called up the gmac fellows in US and after arguing with the gmac fellows and asked them t0 give me some more time for bout 1 month to reappear for the test and meanwhile asked the authorities to look to my recordings and take further decision....

the best part that happened to me was that after fews days got a mail from gmac regarding my score...they informed me that my score is being considered valid...so i m relieved...

hoping for the best for all of you guys suffereing fro the same nightmare as i have suffered...Good luck...have faith...

rahul
@Rahul,

I am just curious to hear why did GMAC attempted to cancel the scores? Any violation of confidentiality stuff??

Legendary Member

by ankurmit » Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:05 am
Dear all,

I cant even imagine all that.. looks like hell.

All the best for you folks.
--------
Ankur mittal

by sashish007 » Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:48 am
monusangeeta wrote:I called US customercare...and received the same response what Indian Customer care folks told me...i.e. reply to the mail from which I have received the cancellation notice and WAIT! as they do not have any such information in their system...I tried to dig them on policy on cancellation...but they had no answer to that
did you call this # >>> 1800-717-GMAT?
if so, did you speak with a program co-ordinator?

do you have the UNOFFICIAL copy of the score report you received on test day? try scanning & EMAILING and/or FAXING that report to the AMERICAS REGION contacts here and they will assign you an incident number:
https://www.mba.com/mba/service/contact ... SLSwitch=1

ALTERNATELY -
let's be realistic here and take a test date for either MUMBAI or DELHI centers and NOT waste time investigating the above.
let us know how it goes.
Ashish
Share not just why the right answer is right, but also why the wrong ones are not.

by monusangeeta » Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:05 am
Dear all....

thanks for your good wishes.. i have called on the mentioned call center no. everyone has a same reply... gmac folks will get back to you...wait till then... :(...and yes...indeed it feels like hell...have an interview tomorrow...will give this shot with positive mind set....and pray to get what i deserve...

regarding re test....yes i am going there too...however i have asked gmac folks,..hw much time limit they are going to give me...but must say...seeing all the time, effort n money going in a gutter is the worst n the most terrible experience in the whole wide world... :(

monusangeeta

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:17 am
Wow really sorry to hear about the problems you're having! I for one have never heard of something like this before. I really hope it gets sorted out! Fingers crossed for your interview!

Legendary Member

by gmatmachoman » Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:45 am
DanaJ wrote:Wow really sorry to hear about the problems you're having! I for one have never heard of something like this before. I really hope it gets sorted out! Fingers crossed for your interview!
DanaJ, the Great!!

Long time no see, just sometime back i was speaking abt u to one of my buddy and was discussing abt Sangeeta's plight!!

Dana, do u have any potential info of y these mishaps do happen bytheway??Can u speak to Eric to pitch in at this moment..I think its hightime!!

Site Admin
Followed by:550 members
GMAT Score:770

by DanaJ » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:40 pm
Hey gmatmachoman,

I've been checking the forums each and every day as always, but haven't been posting that much :)

Anyway, there are some potential explanations for canceling a score. I'm not an expert on this (and I doubt there are many - probably all of them experienced instructors, since this does not happen a lot), but I'm pretty sure that there must be a valid reason why monusangeeta's score was canceled. I don't think this has anything to do with monusangeeta's performance, but rather with stuff beyond one test taker's control. Here are a few situations that come to mind:
- someone is suspected of cheating in that test center and GMAC probably suspects other test takers too
- there might be technical difficulties, like a glitch in the system, that have only just been discovered
- the staff at that particular center might have done something to affect the integrity of the test (cheating? not following protocols?)

Again, this is all hypothetical, and I could be very wrong about them too. I'm really sorry that this happened to Sangeeta, but I'm also confident that GMAC would not cancel a score without a good reason, especially since the score was canceled so late after the actual test. Yes, they do have a responsibility towards you, Sangeeta, and it's only natural that they offer a retake free of charge. I'm not so sure that you can sue though (as someone suggested), because the contract that you signed before taking the test might contain a provision about that - don't know, maybe someone can check? And also - I'm the kind of person that doesn't support litigation when you can get the desired results by discussion, but that's just my view on it!

I'm terribly sorry if you're going to run into trouble with your admissions because of this, but at the same time any decent admissions committee will understand that this is an exceptional situation and grant you an extension. I know it puts extra pressure on you because you need to retake and deal with all this stress, but oh well stuff like this can happen...

Unfortunately, Eric is going to be offline for a while - he's traveling to ISB! I'll let him know about this thread in an email, but I just want to set expectations about his reply!

Sorry again and the best of luck with this!
Last edited by DanaJ on Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Followed by:29 members

by DavidP » Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:57 pm
Hi Sangeeta,

I'm really sorry to hear about what happened to you. The experience of getting your GMAT score cancelled is horrible, especially if there's no clear explanation as to why. Eric and I do have some contacts at GMAC and we can reach out to them on your behalf. As Dana mentioned, Eric is currently enroute to India. But he will have a layover in Dubai and will likely check his email. Once Eric and I discuss, we can figure out how best to help you.

Please keep your spirits up for now. I can't promise any specific result. But we'll try our best to help.

David
CEO, Beat The GMAT