Found two typos

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:760

Found two typos

by barcebal » Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:31 pm
i just applied to harvard yesterday and did it all quite last minute.

I got everything in 2 mins before the deadline.

I dreaded going back to read my essays because I was afraid I would find typos. I found two.

I also did not have time to complete the part time work exp section although it is all listed in my resume.

I scored a 760 on the GMAT and 3.7 gpa. I have run a high end restaurant for 3 years. I am the sole owner of the restaurant and developed the concept myself.

Overall my essays were good but much more touchy feely in regards to what I've learned as an entrepreneur than stating "stats" I've acquired.

So.....with the typos and less than pristine app I submitted do I have a shot still?

Legendary Member
Followed by:90 members

by Tani » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:37 am
With schools as selective as Harvard, it is very difficult to predict. I wouldn't worry about the typos. They're not great, but only two shouldn't be a problem unless they are horrible (e.g. saying Stanford where you meant Harvard). Neglecting the part-time section is problematic, but shouldn't keep you out.

Your strong GMAT and unusual background - owning and running a restaurant - should help your case.

In the end, admissions committees are looking for people who will enhance the class experience and contribute to the business world long term. Hopefully your essays and recommendations will make up for slight hitches in the application.

Good luck,
Tani Wolff