Follow My GMAT Journey

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:6 members

by prateek_guy2004 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:05 am
Best of luck mate, stay calm dont rush in the exam...

chaw

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:710

by dmf5238 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:33 pm
Day 61: Saturday, August 27th, 2011: 1 Hour Post-GMAT

Just got back from the testing center! It was pretty much what I expected; security like Fort Knox, laminated yellow graph paper for notes, and awkward stress in the air.

I got to the test center about 35 minutes early, and since there was only one other tester there at the time (out of 10 available computers), the ladies let me start early.

The essays went well I think. I didn't have much trouble churning out 3 topics for each one, so I am hopeful that those will receive a decent score.

I felt pretty good working through the Quant section. My confidence was built up somewhat after having a good perception about my performance in the essays, so that possibly led to my positive feelings in Quant. Overall I think it felt about the same as my practice exams. The material was mostly what I expected, and I felt that my logic performance was pretty good. (You know how when you discover a certain trick to a problem and you have that "AHA!" moment? I had that a couple times, so I was feeling pretty good.) :P

Then came Verbal; again, nothing out of the ordinary. I had 4 RC passages, the third of which was notably difficult to digest and the questions to which were clearly more difficult than the others, so I assumed at that point that I was doing fairly well.

After wrapping up Verbal, I made my way through the final questionnaire and crossed my fingers... 710! 48Q 39V, I can certainly live with that! :)

Thanks again to everyone on here who gave me advice and helped guide my studies! I am a bit fried from the exam (in case you couldn't already tell lol), so I will post a more thorough conclusion at a later time. (Maybe I'll wait until I get my official AWA score.)

Here is my score breakdown from prep start to finish:

GMATPrep 1 Attempt 1: 620: 39Q 37V
GMATPrep 2 Attempt 1: 710: 47Q 41V
GMATPrep 1 Attempt 2: 720: 48Q 40V
Actual GMAT Attempt 1: 710: 48Q 39V

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:31 pm
CONGRATULATIONS! Thanks so much for sharing your story with us--hope you are celebrating! :)
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by akhilsuhag » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:33 pm
Congrats!!
It was great following your story!!

All the best for your apps!!
Please press "thanks" if you think my post has helped you.. Cheers!!